Chapter Twenty-One

The car slowly started to slow down before it came to a halt. Outside there was a large wall made of many different objects like doors and tables, a guard with a gun stood atop of the wall peering down at our vehicle.

"Boys, follow Sergeant Han to the phlebotomy area, he's going to check for any illnesses. The girl comes with me, we'll test her and clean up that injury," the first guard says, signalling that the second soldier's surname was Han.

Yoongi looks over at me with worry clearly visible in his eyes but I just nod at him as assurance. 

"She shouldn't walk until it's stitched, you need to carry her," Hobi tells the first man.

"Will do," the first man says before picking me up bridal style and carrying me away from the boys.

My groans filled the air as my arm dangled down limply. He wasn't exactly careful and I felt my wound rupture slightly before bleeding again. I whined out in pain but I calmed down a little as I was placed on a bed with blue sheets. The bed made rickety noises as it rocked slightly with my weight. The bed was clearly old as the white paint was starting to chip and flake off of the metal poles.

A male nurse wearing a surgical mask rushed to my aid. His greasy black hair was gelled up into a small quiff. Quickly he pulled his glasses down over his brown eyes as he looked at my pained figure.

Casually he lifted my shirt up slightly so that he could get a clear view of the hole in my body. He grimaced at the sight before leaning over for a clean tea towel and a bottle of what looked like disinfectant alcohol.

"I can't imagine how much this hurts, but I need to clean it. This will sting," he confirms whilst pouring the liquid onto the towel, "ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

Gently, he dabs at my injury with the rag and I scream out in agony from the cold disinfectant touching my raw flesh. My eyes shut tight hoping to reduce the pain. Tears trickled down my pale cheeks as I braced myself for what was coming next. The stitches.

I watched with dread as the doctor reached out for a regular sewing needle and some medical stitches as well as two pieces of clean white bandage. He brings one around my head and puts it in my mouth, like Yoongi did back at the train wreck. I can only guess it was to stifle my screams.

"This is going to hurt, bite down on the bandage," he states simply.

I felt the sharp needle pierce my tender skin and I cried out in pain as my body shook. This hurt a lot more than the disinfectant had. He continued to stich up the front side of my injury, having to stop occasionally from my thrashing legs.

Once it was finally over I breathed out in relief, but stopped when the doctor flipped me over onto my stomach and inspected the back of the wound. Oh no. Not again.

He pushed the needle into my back and continued the process again, my throat becoming hoarse from my consistent screams.

After the whole ordeal, he flipped me on my back once again and I started to calm once he wrapped my torso up. It was over.

"Take these," he says, offering me two small painkillers and a bottle of water, "you'll be okay. I just need to run a blood test quickly and then you can go back to your friends."

I nod slowly completely unfazed. I'd already done the hard part. One small blood test will be nothing. I looked away as the doctor brought the needle to my right arm. I felt it press into my bicep and I flinched a little but relaxed immediately after he pulled the needle out once again.

"I'm sure you know the rules. If this comes back that you're sick of some sort, you're outta here," he says with a glare, no longer holding his kind act. This man's duality was incredible.

I sighed looking around the makeshift med bay. There were shelves on the walls with bottles of various medicines and bandages and below was a poster about the different types of fractures. I yawned loudly. Boring.

***

Time passed by slowly but about ten minutes later the doctor walked back over to me, clipboard in hand.

"The blood tests are done. It came back that you have kidney disease. I'm going to have to pass this information over to the Marshal, you can't stay at this camp."

My heart plummeted into my stomach. Kidney disease? I-it's back. What about the boys? They'll probably want to leave with me. The marshal can't receive that file. I can't disappoint the boys and rid them of the safety they craved.

a/n: if anyone is an engene and needs a fanfic I recommend reading my bestie's story about Heeseung. I read it from start to finish and it was really good :D
Her account: hobicorexii
Story name: singing love