Chapter Thirteen

"Y/n!" Hobi shouts as he darts over to me and submerges me into a tight hug. 

Hugging him back, I look over his shoulder and gaze at the other boys. Yoongi's expression had now become relieved, but also the same cold one as before. Why was he crying though? Maybe it was something personal that they were talking about after I left. We barely talk, surely he wasn't crying because of me. Either way, I felt somewhat sad seeing him upset. 

"Guys, I-uh I found a stream over there," I say pointing over to the small stream, trying to change the subject.

"Really?" Joon asks, hopeful. 

"Duh, why would I lie about that," I chuckle as the boys all dart in that direction. 

My arms drop down to my side and I slowly wonder over to the water source from earlier. The boys scoop handfuls of water into their mouths. Meanwhile, I look down at my hands that are covered in blood from the massacre that happened moments ago. No matter how many times I see it happen, I will never get used to it; knowing that all those things were once people with their own personalities, like me. Without hesitation I plunged my hands into the water and scrubbed them thoroughly, rinsing the red colour off my hands and wrists.

"Wait..." Namjoon says and I slowly start to pull my hands from the water.

"What's wrong?" I frown.

"Is that a train?" He points over to the other side of the small stream and there was indeed, an abandoned cargo train. 

"Woah, I didn't see that before," I remark.

"Of course! The old cargo track used to go down here, it used to take supplies into Seoul but they built another one elsewhere," Namjoon realises.

"Okay Mr.IQ 148," Jin scoffs and I burst out laughing. 

"Can we go check it out? Maybe there's food. We haven't ate for a little while," I ask him. 

"Did you just overlook the fact that we could use it to get to Seoul in like three hours if that train works?" Yoongi asks. 

"Yup!" I smile. 

"Both are valid points, anyway it's only there. May as well check it out," Namjoon replies. 

"Good, I'm hungry," Jin says walking towards the debilitated train. 

Stepping across the water, we cautiously walked over to the cargo train. From a distance it looked fine but now that we are up close, I'm not so confident about being able to get this thing up and running. The red wood on the carriages were chipped and starting to go black due to it being left outside in the rain for long and the metal was all rotten and rusted. Maybe there's food?

"Me and Hobi are going to try starting the engine, you three look for food," Namjoon commands.

"Okay," Yoongi replies before climbing up a ladder that led to a large tank, before going left and entering a carriage. 

Staying aware of walkers, I wondered a couple of carriages away and then jumped in through the large open door. Inside, it was pretty empty. Just pieces of broken wood everywhere and some papers were strewn across the floor. As I entered, the heaps of dust that mounted everything caused me to cough lightly. 

Just as I was about to explore the carriage a sharp pain in my left abdominal area hit me like a truck. I doubled down and grasped into the paining area tightly. It felt as though someone had reached into my body, tore my kidney out recklessly and started to scrunch it up like a piece of scrap paper. 

"Deep breaths Y/n, it's probably nothing to worry about. Just breathe, think happy thoughts too. Such as the safety camp," I mutter to myself. 

After a couple minutes the pain eased away and I stumbled to my feet, looking around the room. 

"I should just keep going and forget that ever happened," I continue to mumble whilst looking around the room. 

Suddenly, my eyes land on three cans of beans that were sat in the corner. The metal around the edge was slightly decayed but the contents is probably fine, right? Carelessly, I pile the tins into my arms and pass through different trailers until I was at the driver's compartment with the other four. 

"Find anything? These two didn't," Hobi asks me, just as hopeful as always.

"Only three tins of beans," I sigh. 

"We can share," Hobi says smiling, "that's good scavenging, well done
Y/n-ie!"

"What about you guys? Is the train working?" I ask, although I highly doubt that this bag of nails still moves. It's about as good as a car without petrol. 

"We did actually," Joon smiles at me as my eyes widen in shock, "start it up Hobi." 

Hobi pulls down on a lever and the old train jolts before gliding down the track, getting faster as it went on. 

"Wow," I state raising my eyebrows.

"Seoul here we come!" Jin says, opening up the three cans of beans.