chapter 35

The heavy rain continued as Raymond was driving back home that night.

Bright still went ahead to the club as they both left the bar together and walked to their cars.

Raymond would have loved to go to the club tonight. Get drowned in liquor and get himself a fine chick and bang her up till he was out of breath.

But he really needed to get home and arrange for his flight to France. He would be meeting with some investors and then probably have a good time with the French ladies.

He didn't care anymore if he had a date for the wedding. All he wanted was a hot shower and a good night sleep.

'Fuck Ruth.'
He thought with a smirk on his face as he made a left turn.

Ruth wouldn't dare throw him out because he didn't bring a date. Besides who does that!
Who kicks their sibling out because they didn't bring a date to their wedding?

"That's bullshit," he said quietly to himself with a snort.

"You know what I don't give a fuck anymore. Fuck everybody! Yeah, fuck everybody! I'm coming to this wedding dateless and no one is gonna do shit about it," he said to himself with a chuckle.

He knew his mother would be disappointed but he didn't care.
He couldn't wait to see Ruth's angry face on Friday.
The idea made him laugh in his head.

"Hell yeah, I don't care any....", He was trying to say but a loud scream cut him off

"Aahhhh."

"Shit!" He stepped on the brake quickly, stopping the car in the middle of the road.

"What the fuck was that?" he asked with a puzzled look on his face as he looked outside through the window.

He knew he heard a woman scream out there.
Looking outside, he tried to see if he see anyone, but the rain kept pouring down hard and made it hard for him to see.

He noticed an alley across the street, and knew instantly that the voice came from there.

He then parked his car and wanted to come out but then decided against it on second thoughts.

"Shit, what am I even doing?" he asked himself, rubbing his forehead with his palm.

"I'm probably sure it's nothing serious." He scratched his chin lightly.
"But what if something bad had happened to that woman. Maybe she was being harassed, or raped or killed."

His eyes shot wide at the thought.
"Oh shit!" He let out a breath and looked outside with a panicked look on his face.

If he decides to ignore what he just heard a moment ago and drive away, the woman's scream will never block out from his mind. He wouldn't have peace of mind until he finds out what's going on.

"What if they're still hurting her?"
The thought stirred something in him.

"Fuck!" He got out of the car quickly, and ran across the street towards the alley.
Shielding his eyes from the rain with his hand, he blinked rapidly, trying hard to have a clear vision of where he was going.

"Hello," he called out loudly as he took slow steps. The angry howling wind blew on him, and he steadied himself on the ground.

"Fuck!" He cussed quietly.

"Hello," he called out again, still walking.

He stopped on his track when he noticed a movement on the floor, a few feet from him.
He rushed quickly and knelt down beside the body.
"Oh no!" He breathed.

The woman's back was turned to him and her entire body was shaking furiously.

"Oh God! please let her be okay." He prayed silently in his heart as he leaned closely, and turned the woman gently to face him.
The street light shone on the woman's drenched face.

Instantly his heart skipped a beat as he recognized her face.
"Jasmine?"

Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts lovelies♡(ӦvӦ。)