chapter 4

Sitting down alone in his office, Raymond's mind wandered on how to solve the big case before him. He was scared of loosing Mr Park, for he was a potential client.

Never had Raymond failed to deliver to his clients, never. He raked a hand in his black hair, his brown eyes focused on the blank screen of his laptop.

Raging in anger, he thought of what he would do to Gloria and Willams. He felt really bad for shouting at Gloria and he knew she would end up crying back to her desk. He knew she was fragile and very emotional and that wasn't the first time he had raised his voice at her. He needed someone to blame and she was the only one he could pour out his anger on. He would apologize to her later but right now, he needed to focus on handling the case before him.

Williams had worked for Raymond as his assistant for five years and the man had been loyal and dedicated. Williams had never failed in making delivery to a client, especially the big ones.

'But what could have happened?'

Raymond questioned in his thoughts. He clenched his jaw as he linked his fingers and placed them under his chin while leaning his back on his swivel chair.

'Did something bad happen to Williams? Was there an emergency or what? Could it be that he was robbed or got into an accident?'

The thought made him uncomfortable as he sighed deeply.

'Should I call the police?
God! What am I gonna do now!'

These thoughts confused Raymond, stressing him out and he just couldn't decide on what action to do. He hated not knowing what to do, it always frustrated him.

He was interrupted from his thoughts by his phone's ringtone. Putting his hands in his pocket, he brought out his phone and checked the caller's ID.

He didn't want to pick the call when he saw who was calling but he knew that if he didn't answer, the caller would keep on calling him.
He inhaled sharpely, cleared his throat lightly and answered the call.

"Hi handsome." A woman's soft voice said over the phone.

"Hi Sophia." Raymond said.

Sophia was one of the top managers in his dad's company.
Through her father's influence at the Headquarters, she became the managing director, where Raymond worked.

She had always been attracted to Raymond and attaching herself to him, eversince she started working for him.

Raymond wasn't really interested in her but she was beautiful and had the curves even though she got them from plastic surgery. She knew how to pleasure him, so yeah, he welcomed her company in his office at the company, at the gallery and even in his house.

"How're you doing?" She asked.

"I'm doing great." He lied, chuckling lightly.

Sophia was the last person he wanted to discuss the issue with. Rather than giving suitable advice and support, she would start raining abuses on how incompetent and unqualified his staffs were. Rather than focusing on a solution, she would dwell on the problem. Wasn't what he wanted at the moment.

"That's good. Anyways, just wanted to check on you and remind you of our meeting by 3 o'clock," she told him.

"Of course I know Sophia, i set up the meeting," he said as he rolled his eyes.

'Geez! She can be so annoying sometimes.'

He thought in annoyance as a frown appeared on his face.
Being the CEO of one of his dad's company and the owner of a big gallery wasn't an easy job for Raymond. But through the years, he had come to love doing both and dedicated his all to his work.

"I know." Sophia chuckled. "I was just hoping you would come over early so that we could...you know," she said in a seductive tone, not completing the sentence for she knew he understood what she meant.

As much as he would love to go over there immediately and fuck her over his desk to let out his frustration, he had important things to handle so his dick could wait.

"Listen Sophia i..."
He was interrupted as Gloria barged into his office quickly.

"What the fuck Gloria, can't you..." He stopped instantly when he saw the terrified look on her face.

"Oh no." He whispered, knowing that whatever she had to say wasn't going to be good.

"Raymond is everything okay?" Sophia asked on the other end.

Realizing he was still on the phone,
"Yeah,yeah." He answered quickly.
"I'll get back to you Sophia,see you at the meeting," he said and hung up, placing his phone on the table.

He looked at Gloria. "What is it?"
He asked, hoping she wouldn't say what he had been dreading. He knew that whatever she had to say would be connected to Williams.

"Sir." She sniffed, trying to hold back her tears.
"I..I got in touch with Williams girlfriend and she told me that Willams got into...into a fatal accident last night and he...he is in co..coma right now." She choked, tears forming in her eyes as the words left her lips.

"What?" He let out a shaky breath as his eyes shot wide in shock.
He couldn't believe what he just heard. He rose up from the chair quickly and reached for his jacket.

"Which hospital?" He asked putting on his jacket and grabbed his phone and car key.

"Shands hospital." She replied, wiping a tear that eascaped from her eye.

"Follow me, we're going there now." He ordered as he walked passed her and headed for the door while she followed behind him.