chapter 56

At the dinning area, everyone gathered at the table, exchanging greetings, hugs and kisses. The bride's maids were back from the spa as they joined them at the table with Raymond's grand parents.

The long dinning table was decorated with silk table cloth, flowers, crystal and se'vres china that glittered in the light shed by chandeliers and candelabrum. The servants came in with the foods and they served everyone with quiet precision, refilling water and wine glasses.

After Raymond's father blessed the food, his mum made a toast to Ruth and then to Raymond, for finally having someone in his life. Everyone clicked their glasses together and they congratulated Raymond.

As they ate, Raymond's mum threw questions at them. Asking them how they met, how long they've been dating and what was their plans for the future. Raymond laughed quietly and insisted that Jasmine would tell them everything they needed to know.

Jasmine glared at Raymond and then smiled at everyone as she told them how she met Raymond at his gallery when she came to buy a painting. When Raymond approached her, they talked and then he took her out for coffee. Jasmine hid the fact that she was working for Raymond but told them she was an art dealer and a caterer. She told them that they've known each other for three months, which was actually how long she had been working for him, and they had recently started dating.

As Jasmine kept on answering all the questions thrown at her, it appeared as though everywhere went silent and all Raymond could hear was only the sweet sounds coming out from Jasmine's lips. He had to stop eating as he gazed at Jasmine, a sweet smile tugging on his lips.

After dinner, Raymond's parents, grandparents and Michael with his wife retired to their bedrooms. Ruth invited Jasmine and Kelly to join her for the bridal shower that she had organized at a club. They gladly accepted the invitation and left with Ruth and the bride's maids in a limo to the club.
Ruth fiance, Steve, was staying at a hotel with his friends. He too also organized his bachelor's party at a different club.

Raymond and Bright drove off to the bachelor's party. Raymond parked his Ferrari 458 Italia at the driveway. they got out and went inside the club.
They were taken to the VIP section by the security where the groom and his friends were celebrating.
Steve was a black man and from a wealthy family. He was tall, muscular and handsome. He was into construction and he had met Ruth at a charity event. After dating for two years, he finally proposed to her.

Raymond gave Steve a bro hug and congratulated him once again. He shook hands with Steve's friends and Bright did the same. Steve friend's had invited female strippers to take care of their wedding boy. They drank, smoked and danced.

Holding a glass of champagne in his hand, Raymond sat alone refusing to get engaged in the entertainment.
His mind was disturbed with thoughts about Jasmine. He wasn't having a good time and he felt annoyed.
He needed to stop thinking about Jasmine and get hooked up but his troubled mind wouldn't let him.
He shifted in his seat, taking slow sips of his drink as he thought about Jasmine.

He kept imagining what she would be doing at the club.

'What the fuck is wrong with me? I should be having a good time and not getting worried about her.'

He raked a hand in his hair as he refilled his glass. He couldn't stop worrying, he couldn't stop thinking. He needed to talk to Jasmine, needed to hear her sweet voice and make sure she was okay.

"Hey man, what's wrong?" Bright asked in a high tone against the loud music.

"Nothing man, I'm good," Raymond said.

Bright didn't believe him. He'd noticed how Raymond sat to himself with a glass of champagne and a frown on his face.

"You're not good man. You've been sitting on this couch doing nothing. Stop being such an ass and have a good time man." Bright gave Raymond's shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"I'm good alright. I just need to make a phone call, I'll be right back," Raymond said, placed his glass on the table and walked out, leaving a confused expression on Bright's face.
Walking through the crowds of bodies, Raymond finally made his way out of the club.

He brought out his phone and dialed Jasmine's line. Her phone rang but she didn't answer and it went to her voicemail. He tried again the second and third time and it went to her voicemail.

He felt uneasy, staring at his phone with a worried look on his face. He raked his fingers in his hair and called her again.

"Pick up, please pick up." He mumbled, waiting patiently for her to answer. He let out a groan when it went to her voicemail.

"Why won't she fucking answer my call," he said, getting angry.

"Answer the damn phone Jasmine," he said in an agitated tone and dialed her line again.

He let out a sigh of relief when she picked the call. "Geez Jasmine,why haven't you been picking my calls?"

"Umm, it's Kelly." He heard the voice say loudly. He could hear the loud music playing in the background.

"Kelly?" He furrowed his brows, confused that it wasn't Jasmine.

"Yeah it's me," Kelly said.

"Where's Jasmine?"

"Who?" He heard her giggle.
He growled and rubbed the bridge of his nose, slowly loosing his patience. It was clear she had drank alot of alcohol.

"Jasmine. Where is she?" He asked.

"Oh Jasmine, she went off with this hot dude." Kelly giggled.

"What!" He exclaimed angrily, eyes wide and jaw dropped.
He couldn't believe it.
His night was going terribly because he kept worrying about Jasmine and she was off with another man.

Kelly laughed."Oh I see them now, they're dancing. Damn! The guy is so fucking hot and..."

Raymond hung up immediately, raging with anger. He clenched his jaw, balling his fist hard and his eyes went dark.

He rushed to his car and climbed inside. He switched on the engine, gripped the steering wheel tight and he drove straight to the club.

Yikes! Jealous Raymond is so scary😈😈.....
You don't wanna mess with that😬

Burning Desire (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara