chapter 41

'How did I get here?

What is this place?

Who brought me here?'

Jasmine thought as she couldn't remember anything that happened.
She checked the time on the clock and it was 6:15am. Getting out from the bed quickly, she rushed to the door and locked it.

Taking in a deep breath, she pulled off the clothes and searched her body for any mark. She went to the huge mirror by the dresser and she checked her back.

Nothing!
No mark, no scratch, no bite!
She was completely clean.

She was confused but glad that no harm was done to her. Even if she was raped, she would know but she was perfectly fine. She picked up the clothes and put them on slowly.

'Who brought me here?'

She thought pulling the sweat pant to her waist.
She looked around for anything she could use as a weapon but found nothing. She sighed deeply, raking a hand in her messed hair.

"Okay." She breathed as she walked to the door and leaned closely, pressing her right ear to the door and listened for any sound or foot steps.
Few seconds passed and she heard nothing. Taking slow breaths, she opened the door slightly and poked her head out as she checked the hallway.

There was no sign of anyone around.

She stepped out and closed the door quietly behind her. Walking on tip toes down the big hallway, she noticed there were paintings hanging on both sides of the wall.

She would have loved to stop and admire them, but she wasn't sure of where she was and needed to get out.
As she stepped out from the hallway, the smell of fresh brewed coffee hit her nostrils.

"Mhmm." She inhaled deeply with a low moan as she followed the scent.

As much as the idea was bad, she just couldn't resist the strong scent and needed to get herself a cup of coffee.
Following the smell, she walked into a big kitchen and stopped on her tracks immediately she saw him.

Her jaw dropped and her eyes went wide. She swallowed hard staring at his body. His back was turned to her as he stood behind the kitchen island.

He was wearing only a black short with black Nikes. His shoulders were broad and his body was tanned and well built. His hair was damp and beads of sweat rolled down his back.
He turned and faced her, holding a cup of coffee to his lips. Her eyes moved to his hard toned abs, up his chest and slowly to his face.

She gasped with wide shocking eyes as she realized who her kidnapper was. "Ray...Raymond?" She stammered, completely shocked and confused.

"Hey," Raymond smiled, dropping his cup on the kitchen island and walked up to her. "You're up," he said, standing before her.

Her kidnapper was Raymond?
Her boss?
How?

She opened her mouth and tried to say something but closed it. She was speechless.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked in a worried tone, placing a hand softly on her shoulder as he noticed the look on her face.

She eyes darted to his hand on her shoulder and then moved back to his face. She still said nothing, nodding her head slowly.

"Okay." He let go of her and scratched the back of his neck. "Do you..." He was about to ask but she beat him up to it.

"Why are you wet?" The question flew out from her mouth before she could stop herself.

"Oh shit!" She gasped, covering her mouth with her palm quickly as she realized what she asked.

He let out a chuckle seeing the blush on her cheeks. "I just finished working out," he told her.