chapter 14

"You're gonna be my assistant from today," Raymond said to Gloria as they were in his office at the gallery.

"What!" Gloria was dumfounded as her eyes shot wide.
She knew that someone had to replace Williams but she never expected it to be her. She was baffled that Raymond would place such responsibility on her.

"It's just a temporal promotion until Williams is back," he told her. Raymond knew she would make a good assistant that was why he decided to give her the job. Williams would always compliment Gloria to him and he trusted Williams enough to make good decisions. If Williams had good faith in Gloria, then Raymond didn't mind giving her the job.

"Okay....okay ..sir." She stuttered, still in shock by the news. Deep down, she was thrilled with excitement that he didn't give the position to anyone else. Placing such a huge responsibility in her hands was clear to her that Raymond trusted her and she would do anything to assure him that she was right for the job.

"Yeah, so you're gonna have to move to his office today and uhmm just try and take care of things the way Williams would when I'm not here," he instructed her.

"Of course sir." She nodded quickly taking the news all in as she fought back the urge to let out a loud scream or she might embarrass herself.
"I'll definitely do my very best sir,I promise."

"Alright then." He clasped his hands together. "Well you can get back to work ." He said.

"Thank you sir." She smiled happily.
She couldn't believe that she was promoted to be his assistant. Even though it was just temporal, she was happy that he chose her for the job.

He gave her a quick nod as he turned back to his laptop.

Beaming with joy, she turned to leave but then stopped on her track.
Turning to him she asked. "But sir, who is going to be the new secretary?"

He let out a sigh, taping his finger tips lightly on the table as he arched his brows. She was right. Promoting her to be his assistant meant he needed to get himself a new secretary.

"Well I haven't really thought about that," he finally said as he touched his chin.

She stood, looking at him with questioning eyes.

"Anyway that's not a big problem. Just do your thing and later we could find someone to replace you. In the meantime if there's anything, Mrs Smith will be there to assist you."
He assured her.

She nodded. "Alright sir."

"I'll soon be off to the hospital to see Williams, so make sure you send the package to Mr Dominic," he told her as he picked up his phone from the table.

"Okay sir." She gave a short nod.

"Any other question?" He asked.

"No sir, i'll take my leave now."
She said and walked out of his office, shutting the door behind her.

Sorry this chapter is kind of short...
The next one will be better^^^^^^^^^•••••••(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤