chapter 62

They left for the airport after lunch. Raymond's mum had insisted that Andrew would follow them back to Gainesville so that he and Raymond, would settle their dispute.
Raymond wasn't happy about the idea, neither was Andrew. But they both loved his mother and would do anything to please her.

As they flew back home, Jasmine tried her best to avoid Andrew but she could feel his gaze on her. The flight back home was awkward as they sat in silence, except for Bright and Kelly who were giggling and talking like crazy love birds.

When they arrived at Gainesville, Bright and Kelly baded them good bye and drove off. Raymond had offered to drive Jasmine home but she refused, not wanting to be in the same car with Andrew. He kissed her on the cheek before she got into the taxi and drove off.

He was now left alone with Andrew.
He wanted to ignore Andrew and go to his house but then he thought, maybe his mum was right. Maybe, it was time for them to have a real talk.

With a heavy sigh, he beckoned to Andrew to get into his car. Getting behind the wheel, he closed the door and drove off to the bar. Raymond parked his car at the driveway and they got out and walked into the bar.

They walked in like strangers who had never come across each other as they sat down on the bar stool and leaned on the counter. Raymond ordered a shot of scotch and Andrew requested whiskey. Taking shots after shots in complete silence, they both struggled with their thoughts not knowing what to say.

Raymond got up with a groan and left to the restroom. Andrew took a swing of his drink, wiped his mouth with the back of his palm as he got up and went to the restroom.

Closing the door behind him as he walked inside, he met Raymond washing his hands by the sink.
Raymond tilted his face towards the mirror and let out a heavy sigh when he saw Andrew's reflection.

"Why do you always take everything away from me?" Andrew's voice sounded cold and ragged.

"What?" Raymond arched his brows and turned to face Andrew.

"You took Jasmine from me." Andrew pointed an accusing finger at Raymond.

Raymond rubbed his forehead and took in a deep breath. "I didn't take anyone from you, Andrew."

"Liar." Andrew snarled, "I had her first and now you've taken her from me."

"Well if you hadn't hurt her, then maybe she might still be with you." Raymond shot at him.

Andrew balled his fist tight,his green eyes sparkled with fury. "I didn't hurt her. I'll never hurt her and she knows it. You're the one who stole her from me. That's what you're good at, you selfish bastard."

Raymond took a deep breath, clenching his fist as he restrained himself from getting angry. "That's enough Andrew," he warned in a calm tone.

"You took Ella from me and now you want to take Jasmine!" Andrew said angrily

Raymond sighed deeply in frustration as he knew what Andrew was getting at. "Nobody took Ella from you. She..."

Andrew cut him off sharply as he glared at Raymond with dagger stares.
"Don't you ever say her name." He warned through gritted teeth. "you have no right to say her name."

"Look Andrew," Raymond said calmly, "the only reason why we're both here is for us to talk and end this conflict between us."

Andrew shook his head, hate and pain in his eyes."there's nothing to talk about."

Raymond wiped his palm on his face and let out a quiet groan. "Yes there is. It's been eight years since Ella died and..."

"I said not to say her name." Andrew exploded, grabbed Raymond and in one swift motion, he smashed Raymond to the mirror.