Chapter 5: Caught!

Sugawara Koshi

"Don't mind!" Hinata called out, when Kageyama's spike was blocked by Tsukishima during training.

Tsuki gave Kageyama a cocky grin. "I see the King is not so great today."

Kageyama took the bait almost immediately

Kageyama took the bait almost immediately. "What did you say????"

Suga was quick to play peacemaker to the rowdy first years.

"Do you guys want Daichi to get angry again?" He asked in his most shame-on-you voice.

The first years glared at each other one last time before heading separate ways.

Kageyama was immediately flanked by Hinata, laughing and smiling like a ray of sunshine that he was. Before, Kageyama just ignored him or called him a dumbass. But lately, Kageyama had been acting weird around Hinata. He seemed kinder to Hinata... nicer. Like, he's always looking out for Hinata secretly.

Suga also noticed that Kageyama hasn't been playing well. He seemed distracted... Like something, or rather someone, was constantly making him self-conscious.

Of course, being the observant guy Suga was, he had his suspicions... But it was so out of this world, so outrageous, it couldn't possibly be true.

But if it were true.... Suga couldn't help but smile. That would be weirdly cute.

"Kageyama!" Suga called the first year. "Come here for a second!"

"Yeah?" Kageyama asked, while jogging over.

Suga smiled widely and made a pat-pat motion on the floor, asking Kageyama to join him and sit.

Kageyama looked confused, but obliged. "Is there anything you want to talk about?" He opened his jug and started drinking.

With Kageyama, beating around the bush just didn't work. You had to be straight forward if you wanted to get anywhere.

"Do you like Hinata?"

Kageyama accidentally sprayed the water he was drinking out of his mouth. "Huh?????" Blushing, he wiped the side of his mouth with his sleeve. "What did you say???"

Before Suga could answer, Kageyama murmured under his breath "that damn Hitoka......." He stood up, looking daggers toward Hitoka's direction, but Suga stopped him.

"I didn't hear it from Hitoka!" Suga explained. "It's just something I noticed lately."

Blushing even harder, Kageyama sat down again. He fidgeted nervously. "I'm that obvious huh?"

Suga smiled. "Well, as a fellow setter, I 'm pretty sensitive to my teammate's condition. And I noticed that you've been acting differently around Hinata only."

"Are you going to tell me what I feel is wrong? Is that why you called me?"

Suga blinked. Not once did he think it was wrong to have feelings for anyone. Regardless of gender. "Eh? Why would I?"

This time, it was Kageyama's turn to look confused. "Well... Because we're both boys?"

Suga blinked some more, looking confused. Then suddenly, he laughed.

------
Kageyama Tobio

I didn't get what was happening. I was so sure Suga called me to tell me what I was feeling was wrong and I had to fix it.

Instead, Suga laughed. "That's what you're worried about?" He asked. "Who am I to tell you that your feelings are wrong? We're your teammates. And we will accept you regardless of who you fall in love with."

I felt something squeeze my heart. Was this for real? The nightmare was still fresh in my mind... But here was Suga, smiling like it was no big deal.

"But obviously," Suga added. "You shouldn't let your feelings get in the way of volleyball. If you do, I'm going to tell Daichi!"

That scared the crap out of me. And talk about awkward. The last thing I wanted to do was get chewed on for being lovesick. How embarrassing.

"Yes senpai," I replied stiffly. "I will not let my feelings get in the way of volleyball."

Suga grinned then patted my back once. "So you're gay, huh?"

It was embarrassing to admit, especially since I was still so new to this. "Just for Hinata, I guess."

Suga gave me a teasing smile and elbowed me on the ribs lightly. "Eh, eh? Did I hear that right? I never knew you could be such a softy."

I felt my face heat up.

"So when are you going to tell him?"

This was not the direction I wanted the conversation to go

This was not the direction I wanted the conversation to go. "How about never?"

Suga blinked at me. "Are you sure about that?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't want things to get awkward. Plus, I don't want Hinata to feel disgusted with my feelings... If it would mean losing what we currently have, I rather die than confess."

Then, Suga asked me something that made everything within me more confused.

"So it's okay if he falls in love with someone else?"

------
Sugamama being a shipper:

------Sugamama being a shipper: