Welcome back?

Summer's POV

Carter dropped me off after I told him that my dad is back I opened the door and saw it was dark and the only light on was the tv. I smelled alcohol and instantly cringed.

"Dad I'm home."

I walked into the living room and was startled when my dad jumped off the couch and quickly approached me.

Smack!

A startled sobbed surrounded me and I looked up the adrenalin rushing through my bones.

"Cause o-of you she's dead!" He slurred.

"What?!"

"You killed her YOU whore."
Smack

Mom he's talking bout mom. I'm always to blame.

"Get out of my face." he spat angrily.

I dashed upstairs locked my door and hopped in the shower.

I curled into bed numb.

I dashed up thinking it was all a dream but I looked in the mirror and saw a big ugly bruise on my face.

I guess I'll stay home today yay.

My dads truck was gone and I made popcorn and watched Netflix.

After an thirty minutes of school my phone rang.

"Babe your not at school where are you?" He said sounding alarmed.

"Oh I'm sick *cough*"

"Your lying I'm coming over." click

I dashed out of bed and ran into my dads room.

I grabbed his sweats and threw them on to hopefully distract from the fact I'm wearing make.

I quickly covered my bruise with a layer of makeup so it just looked slightly darker. I heard the door bell ring so I let down my hair and rubbed dark red blush on my nose.

My hair covered my face lucky me.

I opened the door and Carter hugged me and walked inside and into my kitchen.

He went into my pantry and started cooking soup. I quickly hid my face from him and looked out the window.

"You don't have to miss school really you should go." I whispered to him.

He growled and I jumped he came to me and squeezed me lightly.

"He's here isn't he." he growled lowly wait who?

"Who babe?"

"You smell like him, he's here where is I'll kill him."

I stepped back.

"Carter babe no ones here okay I just don't want you to miss school, do you wanna check my house you can."

He smelled my neck and rubbed his face on me I giggled lightly.

"Okay if you want to stay you can."

He nodded and I looked at him my bruised cheek hitting the light.

He gasped and walked over to me. I slowly walked back till my back hit the wall.

He turned my head and moved my hair.

"Summer why are you wearing make up you never do, and what's this?"

He dragged me to my room and walked over to my makeup area how he knew to grab a remover and take the makeup off my cheek was strange.

"Who did this to you?!?" He growled