Part 3

Pregnancy is considered the most beautiful phase in a woman's life; all she needs at that time is love and care, all pampering from loved ones. But for Nandini, it's totally different. She has no one around her. Navya was herself going through a difficult phase, though Mukti was supporting them by going against her so-called best friends. But all she needed at that time was her love, Manik.

It's been a month since Nandini started working as a waitress in a cafe. She had to manage everything according to it. The cafe was half an hour away from her flat, and she didn't have much money to take a cab or auto daily, so she had to walk to the cafe and back to the flat. Navya gave birth to a baby boy, so her responsibilities increased even more. Mukti used to be with Navya in the daytime to support her and take care of the baby, and Nandini had to go to work. The salary was not much, but she had no other choice. At night, she used to stay with Navya, as she needed someone with her to handle her baby boy. Her morning sickness was getting worse, making her more pale. After vomiting, black spots started forming in front of her, which made her sit on the floor because there was no one to support her by falling or rub her back to soothe her pain. But alas, she had no choice but to suffer it all alone, and pregnancy at a young age was not helping her. After vomiting everything she ate, she had to stand up and go to work.

Meanwhile, Mukti started participating in night bike races. Navya and Nandini tried to convince her, but she said it's her passion after music, so they had no choice but to agree with her. Talking about Alya and Dhruv, they hadn't stopped themselves from saying harsh words to Nandini.

As usual, her day passed, starting with vomiting and then walking half an hour to the cafe, which resulted in her swollen feet. But she had to go through many tables to place orders and serve them. After coming home, making dinner and playing with Abeer, in a short time, she formed a great bond with him as his mother. Finally, she lay down on her bed, fully exhausted, but still, sleep was far away from her eyes. All she craved at that time was warmth to hug her and make her feel protected, but there was none.

She took a picture frame from the side table, and a lone tear escaped from her eye.

N: "Agar aaj tum mere pass hote toh, sab kitna alag hota. Sab kitne khush the, Manik. Aur tum Papa banne wale ho yeh news sunne ke baad ka reaction dekhna tha mujhe. I want you to be there by my side. I need you, Manik. I seriously need you. Please come back."

Crying over her misery, finally, sleep took over her, with the frame near her heart.

After some time, Mukti came to her room to check on her, but the scene she saw was nothing new to her: dry tear marks on her cheek, the frame kept near her heart, and swollen feet. Alas, she couldn't do anything for her. She had developed a special bond with her in a very short time. She knew if Manik was there, she would live a life like a princess, a princess of Manik whom he wanted to pamper to no extent. She sometimes thought if Manik saw Nandini's vulnerable side, what would happen? Yes, she used to imagine that her best friend would come one day to protect them from this cruelty. He would come back for her love. But in the end, she chuckled sadly at her own thoughts, with another day passing, living as a broken soul all over again.