Part 12

In the ICU, each person had a different mix of emotions as they gazed upon Nandini lying on the hospital bed.

Mukti and Navya felt sorrowful, remembering Nandini's suffering over the past months. They were relieved that Manik was now back by her side.

Manik was overwhelmed by Nandini's presence. He had missed her during the two months he was in a coma, but he never expected to see her like this.

Abhi and Cabir felt tense, considering Nandini like a little sister to them. They were also worried about Manik.

Their thoughts were interrupted by the nurse.

Nurse: "She's sleeping due to the medicine's effect. Please don't disturb the patients. She needs rest."

They all nodded and settled down on the couch, trying to gather their thoughts.

The room fell silent as no one knew what to say. Abeer broke the silence by gently patting Navya's cheeks and making noises to get her attention.

Navya: "What happened, Abhir baby?"

Abeer: "Hey, bhir!"

Abhir gave him a glare and snuggled closer to Navya, ignoring Abeer's attempts to interact. The boys were puzzled by Abhir's sudden grumpiness, but the girls found it amusing.

Navya: "Don't call him 'bhir.' Only Nandu can call him that, right, baby?"

Abhir smiled without teeth, causing everyone to laugh, and even Manik smiled a little.

After a while, Cabir noticed Nandini trying to open her eyes. Manik stood up and rushed to her bedside. However, before he could reach her, the door banged open, and Neyonika rushed in, heading straight for Nandini. Manik froze in place at the sight of her.

Neyonika: "Nandu, my dear, how are you? Mukti told me you fainted at the mall. I've told you so many times to take care of yourself and eat on time, but you never listen."

Her voice was filled with concern, and tears welled up in her eyes, surprising the boys. However, Nandini's next words shocked them even more, especially Manik.

Nandini: "Mom, relax. I'm fine. Just a little weak, that's all."

Navya: "Yes, just a little weak. That's why the doctor prescribed complete bed rest."

Nandini: "What, Mom?"

Mukti: "No, no, Nandu. Mom is not going to save you."

Navya: "Yes, Mom is on our team."

Nandini: "Mom?"

Mukti: "See, Mom is on our side."

Neyonika chuckled, trying to defuse the tension.

Neyonika: "Enough, stop fighting. I'm on Mukti and Navya's team now."

Nandini: "Mom?"

Neyonika: "Sweetheart, this time you have to take care of your health. I'm not going to save you from their scolding."

Nandini made a grumpy face, and Abhir, feeling ignored, gestured to Neyonika to pick him up.

Neyonika: "Oh, everyone is ignoring my Abby. Come to Dadi, baby, because Dadi loves Abby."

She kissed Abhir on the cheeks, and Abhir giggled, sticking his tongue out at Mukti and Navya, which made them make faces in return, causing Abhir to giggle even more.

The others were silent spectators to this scene.

Neyonika: "Now, rest, dear. Oh, I didn't realize there were other people here!"

She looked surprised as she noticed the shocked expressions on everyone's faces. Nandini and Neyonika looked at each other, equally confused.

.............