Part 8

It's a sad truth when strangers support you more than those who claim to be your family. Nandini experienced this firsthand, losing much in a short span of time but also gaining new relationships. The friends she made just a year and a half ago became her family, her support system. She considered herself lucky to have such friends in her life.

Her bond with Mukti and Navya became unbreakable. They were soul sisters, best friends, each other's only family and support. While they didn't forget their past, they focused on relishing good memories rather than dwelling on the bad ones.

A month had passed since they decided to give Neyonika a chance, and they were happy with that decision. Neyonika was proving herself, and their bond with her was growing stronger. Nandini, Mukti, and Navya, away from their mothers' love, found solace in Neyonika's care. She took care of Nandini's health and even took responsibility for Abeer in Navya's absence. Neyonika delegated most of her fashion house work to Navya and Mukti, who handled it admirably, sometimes with Nandini's assistance, albeit with countless reminders about her health.

Nandini's mood swings were increasing day by day, and she became a typical foodie. Her only craving was for Manik's warmth beside her.

Mukti and Navya were excelling at managing the fashion house. Mukti, once a tomboy, became known for her style. In just one month, they proved themselves capable of handling the work.

Abeer's bond with Neyonika was also growing stronger. He was very close to her, referring to her as Dadi, and often accompanied her to the office, bringing her joy.

Nandini was content, her little family finally feeling normal. She knew that Manik and Cabir's places could never be filled, sometimes wishing they were there to complete their family.

Throughout the day, they were busy with their work, but after dinner, they would all sit together and talk about their day. They discussed interesting or boring experiences, their interactions with customers and clients, Abeer's antics, Mukti's sassy replies, Navya's drama, and Neyonika scolding Nandini for being careless about her health. With these varied topics, they would call it a night.

Nandini spoke to Manik's photo frame daily, sharing all the happenings with him and wishing he were there. Her room was adorned with Manik's photos from college and childhood, gifts from Neyonika.

They weren't exactly enjoying this phase of life, but at least they were living it in a better way.

To be continued...