Chapter 67✓

Carter

I stand in the middle of the field, trying to keep calm of my racing mind. Xander and Quinn hover in front of me, their arms crossed over their chests.

"Okay, love. First things first. All barriers need to be removed as they will cause nothing but restriction and discomfort." Xander says as he crosses his hands in in front of himself before lifting his shirt over his head and off completely.

My eyes are instantly drawn to the intricate tattoos that fully decorated his arms and torso. My eyes flick over to Quinn as he moves to start undressing as well. My mouth waters and my attention snaps back when they start to chuckle.

"Oh, little wolf. You better keep your mind on track, or we won't be getting any work done." Quinn growls playfully.

My cheeks flush, and I tuck my hair behind one ear as I try to avoid eye contact. It's hard not to be distracted... it's not my fault they're so damn beautiful.

"Wait." I whisper.

"What is it, love?" Xander asks.

"Before we start, I need to talk to you about something... I uhm, I want to do something. I mean... well, not today... but one day, as I become the Queen of wolves I mean."

"We're listening, little wolf. Don't be afraid to talk to us." Quinn says softly as he cups my cheek in his large palm. I lean into the warmth and try to explain.

"I want to start a school." I rush.

Their brows furrow and I can tell that this is not what they were expecting me to say. It's something that has been weighing heavily on me and I know I could do something good with the title that has been appointed to me.

"Hear me out. Spiritwood is empty, deserted. I want to get a witch to wipe the town from every map. No mortal will be able to remember it, let alone find it. The town would become a safe haven for us. Wolves have so much responsibility, so much to learn and sometimes in a really short period of time." I smirk at them.

"I think it would benefit them to be in one place, to learn and grow together. Luna's and Alpha's and others would have their specialized classes based on their pack position but otherwise would still remain around the rest of the pack wolves."

I'm becoming more animated in my excitement, and I find that I'm talking with my hands a little too much before I quickly hide them behind my back to try and hide my nervousness.

"I want there to be the obvious classes, but I also want the history of werewolves to be taught. Lessons about the Goddess... how to become a great leader, pack healer, beta..." my voice trails off as neither of them have moved or said a thing.

Maybe this is a stupid idea. Just because I personally don't know a lot about the goddess... who just happens to be my freaking mother... doesn't mean that the other pack wolves don't. Maybe I should have learned about the packs teachings before I opened my stupid mouth. Just as I'm about to tell them to forget it, they rush me.

I'm suddenly engulfed in between two bodies, kisses raining up both sides of my neck. Shivers ran down my spine.

"Brilliant, little wolf" Quinn whispers against my skin.

"You will make an incredible Queen. There's just one thing I would change about your idea... with your approval of course." Xander kisses my neck once more before pulling back to look into my eyes.

"What would that be?" I ask softly.

"Why stop at Spiritwood being a safe haven only for wolves? Why not extend that to the supernatural world? Witches, warlocks, shifters of all kinds, the fae... hell, we could even do night classes for the blood suckers." He chuckles and my heart warms.

A huge weight lifts off my chest, and warmth replaces it. I can feel it in my soul that this is going to be the start of something amazing.

⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

Pain like I've never known before, radiates through my body as my bones snap and reposition at odd angles. I cry out and try to pull back but my body refuses to listen. I just want this to be over.

"Don't fight it, love. You'll only prolong the pain. You're doing so well." Xander coos.

No one could have prepared me for the pain of my skull breaking. The sheer white hot pain that surges through me as my jaw breaks and elongates, my teeth being pushed out of the way to prepare for the sharper, more deadly set of white porcelain to take its place.

Just when I think that I can't take another moment, everything stops. My breathing is hard and labored. I open my eyes, blinking at the sunlight and how it affects my eyes differently. I find myself lying on my right side, my face pressed softly against the grass of the meadow.

What catches my eye are the two paws resting on the ground in front of me. My eyes trail along the long white limbs until I realize that they're attached to my body. I quickly sit up and yelp, stumbling as I clumsily try to right myself. I look up to see Quinn and Xander staring at me wide eyed.

"Your eyes..." Xander stumbles.

"Well, I guess we know what Lupin meant when she said her birthmark wasn't gone, just moved." Quinn whispers quietly.

I have no idea what he's talking about, and I tilt my large furry head to the side as I watch them curiously. Quinn kneels beside me and runs his fingers over my forehead. The feeling of his fingers through my fur, sends shivers right to the tip of my tail.

"Well, I guess no one will ever second guess the fact that she's our Queen." Xander laughs softly before he too bends down in front of me. "Come, we'll show you what we mean."

They stand and start walking to the pool of water in the middle of the meadow and I slowly turn to follow. It's an odd feeling, trying to maneuver four limbs instead of two, but somehow, I manage to get over to the water without making a fool of myself. My mates turn to the side and Quinn gestures for me to look into the water.

When I turn my head down, facing the clear liquid, the reflection of my white wolf shines back at me. Though she looks different than she did when I first saw her with the God- with my mom.

Staring back at me is still a beautiful white wolf, though her eyes are glowing white like the moon and resting in the middle of her forehead is a black crescent moon.

Oh, I understand. I mumble to Lupin.

I told you it wasn't gone, my Carter. The mark is important and shows you as the daughter of the Goddess, the daughter of the night. No one will dare to doubt us. She giggles.

I look away from the water and up to my mates in awe. Faster than I thought possible, they shift, and two ginormous wolves stand in front of me. Xander's is black like ink while Quinn's is a soft brown. They're beautiful.

I haven't seen Quinn's wolf before, and the only time I saw Xander's wolf I uhm... well, I may have screamed and freaked out. Maybe just a little.

I whine and my ears tip back, Lupin and I are anxious to see what their wolves think of us. Together they stalk towards me, separating so they stand on either side of me before relief settles over my beating heart as they start to rub their bodies alongside mine, scent marking us.

Lupin purrs with utter satisfaction as their scents become entangled with our own. Their wolves have claimed us as theirs. Xander's large black wolf nuzzles his face under my jaw before pulling back and licking my maw, while Quinn's brown wolf nips playfully at my ear.

I perk my ears up and before my mates can get an idea of what I'm doing, I dart out of reach and run as fast as I can into the tree line, easily adapting to being on four legs.

Oh, my big bad wolves. Catch me if you can. I tease seductively through our mind-link.