Chapter 25✓

Carter

I can't believe what I am seeing. What the hell is Chantal doing here? Tyler sets me down onto a chair before cutting the binding from my wrists and using new zip ties to secure my wrists to the chair itself.

I watch as Tyler turns towards Chantal and she jumps into his arms, kissing him full on the mouth. My mind goes in a million different directions and I'm beginning to panic about why I've been brought here. Everything I thought I knew until now has just blown up in my face.

Chantal is supposed to be engaged to mate Quinn and Xander in just a few days. She seemed so angry to see me walking out of Quinn's bedroom and yet here she is sucking face with Tyler.

Chantal pulls her lips back from Tyler and wrinkles her nose. "You smell like the human."

He shrugs and appears to act nonchalant. I don't understand what the actual fuck is happening. My mind races over everything that had happened over the past few months.

Okay, Carter. Let's break this down. One. Tyler acted genuinely interested in me and we constantly flirted every time we saw each other. Two. He took me back to his cabin and we slept together. Three. He drugged me. Four. He abducted me and brought me to my fathers' old lab. Five. He's with Chantal.

Does this mean that she's not actually engaged to the guys? Goddess, this is a mind fuck of epic proportions.

The only thing that I know for sure, is I want to cry. I should have listened to Quinn and Xander when they told me that Tyler was dangerous. I let my emotions make decisions for me and I didn't stop to think about the consequences. I had jumped into bed with a man who was more than likely a murderer, all to feel better about myself. I have never been more disappointed in myself, and I have managed to put my life in danger because of a broken heart and a busted ego.

Chantal's eyes widened before turning to small angry slits as she looks between Tyler and me.

"You fucked her! How could you? You're mine! The bitch is even in your fucking clothes, Tyler!" Chantal seethes and I look down to see I was indeed in his black t-shirt and boxers he had given to me before he drugged me.

"Yeah. I did fuck her. I needed her to trust me, but I also needed to separate her from those two alpha wolves. You got the ball rolling when you told them all about your little conversation with Carter this morning. You played your part well, my love." He leans down and kisses her roughly.

"Now, when they come looking for her to explain your arrangement, they will find her cabin empty. They will follow her scent to my cabin and when they get there, the first thing they will scent is her arousal. It will kill them to know that she had given herself to me willingly and they will go back to their packhorse alone. It will make them think that she has left them to be with me, and they won't bother to come looking for her. So yes. I did fuck her, but it was all a part of the plan that is now falling into place." The smile on Tyler's face is almost feral, and I swallow back the bile that is threatening to rise at the thought that I had allowed him to touch my body.

My eyes burn and I have to blink hard to keep any tears from falling. I'm suddenly trying hard to hold back the hysterical laughter that's building in my chest. How ironic this situation really is. I used him to make myself feel better, but he was using me since the beginning. Apparently, I'm part of a much bigger plan which has been thought through methodically. All I am, is a pawn in his game, but the results are still undecided.

"What plan?" I snap, finally losing my patience as their attention turns back to me.

Chantal sneers, "You played along perfectly, dear Carter. You fell right into Tyler's arms. Though falling into his bed was never supposed to be a part of our plan." She cuts a glare towards Tyler, who again just shrugs as if he is unfazed.