Chapter 23✓

Carter

My head is pounding, and I can hear my heartbeat echoing in my ears. I try to open my eyes but find them covered by thick fabric. Blindfolded. I wiggle my tingling, numb fingers, and realize my arms are twisted at an awkward angle and feel the sharp, hard bindings of what I think must be twist ties around my wrists, pinning them together painfully behind my back.

I try to stretch my legs but I'm only able to move a few inches before my feet hit a barrier. My heart starts beating rapidly in my chest and my stomach aches furiously. My mouth starts to water, and I must focus on my breathing to keep from throwing up everywhere. I have no idea how I have gotten here or the last place I was. I need to calm down and focus so I can figure out what the hell is going on.

I take a deep breath and focus on the sounds around me. There is low whirring sound and I feel my body adjust slightly as the object I am lying on shifts. I realize I am lying down in the back seat of a car. Why the hell am I tied up in the backseat of a car? How did I get here and where am I being taken?

My stomach rolls and try as I might, I can't keep it down any longer. I throw up, emptying the contents of my stomach before I can stop myself. My body is shivering hard, and my teeth chatter painfully but whether it is from shock or being cold I'm not sure.

"Shit! I didn't think that it would make you sick. I may have used a little bit too much." Tyler's mumbling voice comes from somewhere in front of me. He must be the one driving the car, but I don't understand what he is talking about.

I try to ask why he is doing this to me but fumble as my tongue is heavy and thick in my mouth. I retch once more. The air in the car becomes pungent and smells vile and I hear the opening of the windows. The cool breeze hits my skin, and it helps to calm my rolling stomach. I take small, shallow breaths and try to remember what the actual fuck has happened.

A flashback of his body thrusting on top of mine fills my mind and I have to force down whatever is left in my stomach that threatens to come up once more. I remember feeling horrible about myself and trying to leave. Think Carter! What the hell happened? It's obvious that I didn't get to leave. The image snaps into my mind and I'm instantly filled with rage as I finally understand what Tyler meant. The water.

That asshole went and drugged me! He slept with me, and then he drugged me! I grit my teeth together hard. When I get my hands on that filthy Lycan I am going to wring his neck from his body. I am going to make him suffer before I have him begging on his knees in front of me, to spare his life.

I have never been an overly violent person, but for the next few minutes I picture in my mind all the different ways that I could kill Tyler and all of the different places I could hide his body where no one will ever find him.

For the duration of the drive, I focus on my breathing and trying not to be sick. I don't utter a single word to Tyler, and he remains just as silent. I know I will find out what is happening shortly, and I need to focus my energy on trying to figure out how to get out of this.

Quinn and Xander have a fiancé they tried to hide from me. I know they'll try to track me down and explain and when they get to the cabin to talk to me to find me gone, will they stop looking for me and go back home to the woman they were supposed to be with? I don't have anyone else to come to rescue me so until I have another plan, I have to put on my big girl pants and try to save myself.

I refuse to turn into one of those weepy women who cried and waited for prince charming to come to save them, no matter how much I want to. I may have been an emotional disaster these past few months since returning to Spiritwood, but I won't allow myself to fall into hysterics. It's not going to do me any good.