22. can i steal a little love?

a.n— after the sad, shocked reaction that there's only ten chapters left, i decided to include five more so don't worry. there's a lot more to come. also, i've added pictures to each chapter and updated the intro. now all the members are present so check it out!

22. can i steal a little love?
"Coo me honey I'm on fire. To steal your love is my desire."

//

hands fly over others alongside chattering.

Yoongi and Taehyung stand side by side. the two are observing a scene taking place before them, as if they're watching the latest movie to hit the theatres. Taehyung stands with one arm crossed, holding the other as his bony elbow nudges into Yoongi. Yoongi, closely by his side, has his covered, tattooed arms on either side of him– eyebrows furrowed together. between them, there's two pairs of confused but intrigued eyes and mere silence.

dressed in a long leather coat, Yoongi pushes Taehyung's irritating elbow away. "let me fucking watch." he mutters, not making any effort to move away.

Taehyung silently obliges, dropping his crossed arm so he's standing in the same stance as his best friend. he sucks his bottom lip into his mouth, eyes watching with concentration as he taps his ebony shoe against the alleyway floor.

the singer fiddles with his ring on his side, hand brushing against his blazer jacket as his eyes remain on one position. the men in front of the two are huddled together, exchanging drugs of all sorts– mini bottles, pills, packets, perfectly rolled cigarettes and more.

their hands move so fast, flying over each other as some take away and some receive. money is handed in crumpled, dirty looking notes and exchanged for whatever they need for pleasure– a temporary solution to the way life has turned out.

Taehyung hums, watching the drug dealers usher in their clients one by one into the alleyway. the singer looks around, wondering why there are no officers strolling the streets but the truth is, they don't care– no one cares about these parts of the city.

Yoongi glances at Taehyung before immediately looking back at the men in business. he himself, could easily look like a drug dealer, he thinks before removing the bandana covering his mouth. he angles his head, dusky hair falling as he continues to watch Taehyung's friends.

his friends too then.

depends on how you define friend.

the business rush eventually comes to an end. Taehyung and Yoongi startle in surprise when the lower class men turn towards them, acknowledging them after dealing with a range of people– clients. the blonde man points to Taehyung before chuckling. "does the famous Kim Taehyung want anything?" he asks. "we can get you anything you want, for any price."

Taehyung is all eyes and ears. "any price?"

him and Yoongi step forward, now closer. he acknowledges the way the man in charge nods, slight admiration flickering over his eyes. "nah, i'll pass." Taehyung says, playing it off coolly. "i have my trusty cigarettes and heavy load of drinks." it's true– those are enough for the young boy.

"suit yourself man."

"what are you even wearing?" the attention is quickly drawn away from Taehyung to Yoongi who looks up at the questioning man. "seriously? fucking pink? oh boy." the group of men laugh at the colour of Yoongi's odd, pink coloured, button up shirt.

Taehyung's eyes drift to his friend. Yoongi remains unbothered, shrugging away as he shows zero sign of care. his chestnut eyes continue to blink, his pale fingers continue to clasp one another as he waits patiently to leave.