• Part 2 •

My heart felt like it was about to fall out of my chest, I was in such shock I hadn't realised that I'd dropped the glass I was holding, shattering it everywhere. Why was he here? What did he want? I needed to get out of there away from him but it was only my first day on the job I couldn't just leave. I noticed a very handsome man looking at me from a distance watching as I panicked. Do I run? No Faye don't run are you stupid that's what he wants.
I asked Jesse, that's my manager by the way, if I could take my break early. I needed a smoke. I got half an hour to myself so I snuck out the back and light up my smoke. Before I knew it tears where streaming down my face, I couldn't control them and I couldn't stop. I wasn't the type of girl to cry, I was tough, I'd knocked guys out before for touching my ass and here I was crying about one.
"Hey are you okay?" I heard a mans voice from behind me. "Yeah I'm good, thanks though" my shaky voice obviously didn't tell him I was okay as he sat next to me.
"You got another one of those" he asked looking at me with his crooked smile. His eyes where a piercing brown colour, his long brown hair was tied up behind him. I found myself attracted to him, god Faye man up. I gave him a cigarette and we smoked in silence.
"I couldn't help but notice you where a bit upset in there, wanna talk about it?" I shook my head "no it doesn't matter, just my asshole of an ex showing up out of nowhere" I said laughing lightly.
"Damn that's gotta be rough, bad break up?" He looked concerned "well you could say that, I sort of ran away from him, he wasn't the kindest man" I said look down at my arms slowly gliding my fingers across a scar he had given me earlier that year.
"Oh I see, well me and my guys are gonna be here all night so I'll keep an eye out on you if that's okay" he said as he placed his hand under my chin lifting my head to stare in his eyes.
"I appreciate it thanks" I said slowly turning away, "I didn't catch your name anyway" he asked as he got up.
"I'm Faye, Faye Johnstone. And you?"
"Anthony, Anthony Kiedis"
—————————
It was near midnight now and I'd just clocked out. I hadn't seen Tom since that incident earlier thankfully but I knew he'd be lurking around somewhere. As I started to walk to my apartment I felt someone following me, I tried to shrug it off but after tonight I was scared. I sped up, slowly starting run and that's when footsteps behind me turned to running. It was him it had to be. I raced upstairs and slammed the door behind me locked both the locks on my door. He was banging on the door begging me to let him in, I ran around packing a bag and picking up my essentials. As I was about to climb down the fire escape the door was kicked open. I didn't know what to do so I just jumped, I'm such an idiot.
As I landed I fell and I knew I'd hurt my ankle but I had to run, then suddenly I felt someone grab my hand.
"Here come on quickly get in my car" it was Anthony, thank god.
——————
I don't really remember much after that, I think I passed out from the shock. I woke up in an unknown room. As I got up to go and see where I was I felt a sharp pain in my ankle and I remembered where I was. This must be Anthony's apartment. I could hear lots of talking coming from the living room and as I walked in 4 men stopped in there tracks and looked at me.
"What have I got something on my face" I asked giving them a funny look.
"Got a feisty one here have we Tony" said a tall man. He had long curly hair and he worse a bandana over it.
"Hi gorgeous I'm Chad" he came over and shook my hand. I could feel myself blushing slightly as he helped me over to the table.
Anthony got up looking at me with his loving smile "Faye these are my friends Chad, Flea and John" as I smiled at them a small man with bright blue hair came up to me shaking my hand. "Nice to meet ya kid". They all seemed so friendly.
"Anthony would you be able to take me home please" I asked and a look of concern grew across his face.
"I don't think that's a good idea really, I mean um with Tom and all" he said as he stroked the back of his neck.
I'd completely forgotten about Tom and what happened last night. As I put my head into my hands I felt a hand touch my back. It was Anthony's.
"Look you can stay here as long as you want, I have a spare room don't worry about it" he said smiling at me.
"Are you just trying to get into my pants Mr Kiedis" I said jokingly smirking at him.
"Hey if you like living on the streets then hey go ahead" he said laughing. "Thank you I appreciate it, what time is it anyway?" I asked "It's about 4pm why?" Proclaimed John.
"Shit shit shit" I said trying to run to the room I awoke in. "What's the matter?" Chad asked concerned. "I've gotta go to work like now, my boss is a real tight ass and it's only my second day" I said while trying to get my Doc Martens back on my swollen ankle. "Hey look don't panic I'll drive you okay?" I looked up and saw Anthony standing by the door holding his keys.
"Thank you Tony, bye losers" I said as I hobbled out the door towards Anthony's car. He could tell I was worried about what my boss would say about me being late or about me being a bit beaten up.
"Don't worry about him too much, I'm here to look after you now" god he was so gorgeous but I couldn't see myself with him like that. "Your so corny aren't you" I said laughing at him, he looked at me laughing "okay your here, get out."
As I was walking towards the door lighting a cigarette I heard him shout on me "Hey I'll pick you up when you finish."
"11pm don't be late." I said pulling my hard out of my hair tie.