xxii. tonight

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕤𝕨𝕒𝕪 ( 𝕢𝕦𝕚𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕒 ) 𝕓𝕪 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟

SPENDING YET another day together from sunlight until the moon now prominently visible in the sky, the pair were seated across from each other in the slowly emptying Lou's Café as it went on into the later hours of the night. Looking past them to the door already opened to her confusion and seeing Goldie watching them gaping with a wide-grin spread on her face left Donna to slip her hand out of Marty's to leave him furrowing his brows over to her confused.

Following into the café, Marty came along behind unknowingly to stop at her taking the boy aside before coming up behind her curiously. "Aren't you gonna sit with me?"

She turned back blushing, Goldie behind her stifling his laughter to have her hesitate on shooting him a glare to stop the mocking before it had a chance to start. "Uh, yeah, just give me a quick second, alright?" With that the friends watched the stranger unknowingly seat himself into a booth to have her return to scolding him for his spying. "Quit giving me that look."

"You're on a date," Goldie said in a sing-song tone to watch her grow more red the longer this continued. "Your eyes were sparkling looking at him, I swear."

She huffed in annoyance, fighting the urge to stomp her foot out of appearing like a child throwing a tantrum in the middle of the diner. Instead she composed herself, despite the colour still very much present in her cheeks, and faced him seriously. "We're just friends. Besides, shouldn't you be heading out? Your classes start in an hour or so don't they? And you've still got to head over to school."

"Professor had some car trouble and he isn't able to make it to town until next week, they mailed out a letter to the students this morning," He explained to raise a brow over to her curiously. "Shouldn't you be at home? Dinner at the Walsh's starts promptly at five o'clock last I checked."

Donna balanced on her heels to laugh over this nervously. "I sorta. . .well I. . ." She let out another laugh, coming off as high pitched over having to tell her friend this now. "I'm gonna fib that I was over at Bab's house this time. My family doesn't really talk with the Freeman's so it should be alright."

Goldie clasped her shoulders excitedly having her widen her eyes over the amount of enthusiasm in his expression. "You're finally lying to your parents!"

She couldn't help to grow timid over this and lowered her shoulders to hide her face away. "Really it's not that big of a deal—"

"Are you kidding? Not that big of a deal? Donna, you've never lied in your life."

"If you must know, it's not the first time," She told him to slowly crack a smile as he shook her shoulders in excitement.

Letting go of Donna once managing to contain himself again he looked her over curiously. Seeing it plainly in her face for himself as opposed to words she would simply speak he shook his head in disbelief. "Only you could look as smitten as they make it turn out to be in the pictures."

Scoffing over him bringing this up she folded her arms to disagree. "I'm not smitten with anyone."

"No, she's smitten with me. I'm not anyone." Jumping at the sound of the person they were just talking about he gave her a cheeky grin over seeing her become fidgety and wanted to check in on what was making her act that way. Draping an arm over her shoulders to send Goldie laughing he continued to keep his eyes locked onto her. "C'mon, you get anymore red in the face and I might actually start to worry."

She huffed over this, taking his hand away to look over to him cross. "Goldie this is—"

"Calvin Klein," Goldie finished and nudged her arm, "Donna told me all about you! That you're taking her to the school dance tomorrow night?"