xix. nature boy

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕓𝕪 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕪 𝕟𝕖𝕝𝕤𝕠𝕟

IN THE MIDDLE of Marty having his own turmoil regarding his situation yet again, Donna snuck her hand into the basket to take out a pastry for herself as she continued to lay back to watch the clouds passing through the sky above. Mentally trying to imagine anything that looked like a fox or a tea-cup through the formations if she could focus enough to do so.

Watching her relaxed as ever only caused for him to be more stressed, taking yet another cookie to be slightly eased by the sweet. Noticing Marty do this she let out a laugh, still having her eyes up to the sky. "Jeez, slow down?"

He blushed, embarrassed over having been caught, until noticing her not paying him much attention to go back into a more calm state of mind. "You make these all yourself?"

"Of course! All my own recipe and the usual secret ingredient. Especially with my cookies and—"

"You put extra sugar."

She laughed over this to shake her head over the thought. "No, sugar. If you put too much sugar, the cookies get too brittle?" Turning over to him still chewing into it she nudged him with a free-hand. "Nice guess though."

Finishing the treat he freed himself up to lay down beside her, the two briefly facing each other on the blanket before back up to the sky. "It's pretty here."

Smiling over the simple statement Donna turned her gaze over to the boy beside her. Her heart thumping rapidly beneath her chest out of nerves from how close they were to each other now. Being oblivious to this, she watched his blue eyes moving across the sky with a smile etched into the side of his face. "It- It's really pretty here, yeah." 

Scrunching her nose in the hopes of getting rid of the blush in her cheeks she was surprised by the boy sitting up, his eyes widening in surprise over the short realization. "There's a lake about a 15 mile drive from here, maybe more? I'm not all that good with directions. I was supposed to go there this. . ." He trailed off, having caught himself just in time before looking back over to Donna. "You ever been up to it?"

Aware of what he was talking about, but never having the chance to go because her parents would never let her out of the house overnight with boys and girls, she shook her head. "Uh, no. No, I haven't."

His heart continued to beat rapidly, that her being so unaware of everything was perhaps for the better. That he could avoid having to tell her what was going to happen, but Marty didn't know what to do. Either he took the initiative himself or risked something bad happening on his watch. "You and I should go."

Her eyes widened to have Donna sit up as well to blush red out of being shy towards the idea. "I- I really could never? And I've never even parked with a boy no less gone off out of town with one. It's a bit much," She tried to explain, tilting her head to notice him facing away from her, "Marty, what's wrong?"

He looked up to her eyes reading the immediate concern in them. To tell her was no doubt going to weigh this dark shadow over her sickly sweet persona and he couldn't even bear with having to be the responsible to rob it from her.

All Marty wanted to do was to keep her safe and this meant having to fess up to what he knew about her future. With the fear she'd never believe him and he'd lose her. "There's actually a lot of I've got to tell you about."

Missing the laidback persona he had when they were around one another and wishing he could be making another flirty line at her instead of looking trouble, Donna knit her brows together as her worry only worsened. "Marty, you're making me worried, what's wrong?"