ix. in times like these

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕪 𝕓𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕥

"LOOK DOC, I've got it under control," Marty explained to the scientist now frantically pacing the sitting room of the Brown mansion. Failing to mention the details of his unintentional show-boating further heightened his mother's interest in him, he wasn't going to add that on to worsen the Doc's state. He, in fact, did not have anything under control.

He was one) stuck in the 1950's with the uncertainty of arriving back home a possibility, two) his mother was now overly attracted to him to the point where he wondered how much more uncomfortable any of this could get, and three) left with a version of the Doc that was even more difficult to understand than his 1985 counterpart.

Comparing the two, Marty went back to the night in question where he was sent to the past. The death of his friend having gone to the back of his mind to have him feel sick for completely disregarding this. It was the pivotal point to his series of misfortunate events.

"Marty, if your father doesn't ask your mother to that dance you don't make it back to 1985, do you understand?" The Doc emphasized the gravity of this to him.

Already knowing this considering it was his future on the line and his screw-up, the reminders were completely unnecessary. "I know Doc, I know. I've got it covered; I've got a plan." He knot his brows towards him, the search for faulty logic making him less confident in himself to be successful. "Honest. I'm just gonna need the car to head out tonight."

Doc straightened himself up again over this as he thought it best to completely lock the boy up in the mansion after him making matters worse today. However the pure-will being left in his facial expression caused for him to give in. "Alright, but you mustn't leave this house until tonight, not for anything." Marty nodded to do have the older man do the same before picking up the tools he had initially set aside prior to their conversation. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my lab working on the time vehicle."

Leaving the teenager alone in the house was yet another grave mistake.

With the attention span of a child, it took him a few minutes sitting by the television set before picking himself up to grab his jacket again and head out of the house. Heeding the Doc's advice on not causing trouble, Marty attempted to keep as low of a profile as possible whilst walking out of the home. The reason for his escape was instead prompted by the girl whose future was also annoyingly prominent in his mind that he had trouble to take it out.

He wondered if Doc thought this through when making the time machine in the first place. That you could even come across someone and know how early on into their life they could be taken away from or not. The entire situation held too much grief and he was way too sensitive to have to be put through it. Donna seemed too. . .well too sweet. Overly kind, sympathetic— Marty thought if he could help her out it wouldn't put any harm on him. She would just be a fluke appearance that occurred by him having gone back, nothing more.

Which then left the pressure of ensuring the Doc could avoid the circumstances he was currently doomed to have in 1985, save the wholesome girl he'd met only two days ago from a despairing fate, and also make sure he didn't complete 'erase himself from existence' as his friend so dramatically phrased.

The only other place he'd thought to catch her in was perhaps the record store at the center of town. With the door left ajar he failed to see her inside and huffed under his breath before looking around the courtyard. Being later into the evening and on his way out from his shift to head off to the school, Goldie accidentally brushed himself past the overly determined teenager.