xi. reelin' and rockin'

➳ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕙𝕖'𝕤 𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕖𝕝 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕣𝕪𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕤

CURIOUS ABOUT the way Marty could've been able to successfully convince a guy like George McFly to do anything out of his comfort zone, she also wondered at what cost it must've taken do such a thing as the boy didn't show up for any of his classes today. "Listen when George comes by and he mentions anything about, uh, aliens melting his brain, just go along with it alright?" Marty told her as Donna stifled her laughter over the statement.

"What episodes of Science Fiction Theatre have you been watching?" She asked instead and folded her arms, "Couldn't be anymore strange could you?"

Her previous suspicions would soon be answered upon the boy himself now barreling over to them at the gas station. "Marty!"

Whipping their heads at the sound of his voice in the distance, the accompaniment of a car honking for him to leave the street joined his cheers over finding the boy. Worrying over his safety he managed to not get hit by the vehicle thankfully and reached them completely exasperated. "Donna?" He asked her confused in between catching his breaths.

"George! You weren't at school today, everything okay?" She only asked worriedly for Marty to smile over the consideration in her tone of voice.

George smiled over her bringing this up to brush it aside. "I overslept. Look, Marty, I need your help. I have to ask Lorraine out, but I don't know how to do it."

"Alright, listen. Keep your pants on. She's over in the café," Marty told him in a straightforward manner with his father not hesitating to go in the direction of Lou's. Catching the distasteful look from the girl following behind them only left for him to shine a cheeky grin back to her. "I owe you."

"You don't owe me anything," Donna corrected and folded her arms, "If I want to help someone I don't expect anything out of it. You seem desperate anyways. . .no offense."

"None taken."

Trying to ignore the grin he was giving her over their playful back and forth she quickened her pace to catch up to the other teen that joined them instead. "What made you wanna ask Lorraine out anyways, George?"

"Oh, well— Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out, that he'd melt my brain," He answered patiomately for her to be more terrified over such an insane response. Having expected him to say this from Marty's warning, she wouldn't assumed he'd gone completely mental if being told this with no background whatsoever.

Marty nervously fixed his father's jacket to calm him down before he slipped up the scare he gave him last night to anyone else. "Yeah, well, let's keep this brain-melting stuff to ourselves, okay?" With his father agreeing to it, Donna led the way over to the windows of Lou's café in an attempt to spot the booth where her friends were in.

Spotting Goldie jiving to a song on the jukebox instead she smiled and gave a short wave once he spotted her in order to remain hidden from the girls at the window seats. Seeing the boy looking past her to Marty over his shoulder with a wink she rolled her eyes before turning back to the mess she'd somehow gotten herself into. "She's just out over there, George."

In the middle of a conversation with Betty and Babs on the other side of the booth, Marty casually went over the plan seeming foolproof at the time in his head. His father, however, was still more than agitated over the very idea of doing this in such a public place. "But I don't know what to say?"

Thinking it wasn't difficult to ask a girl out as he'd done it plenty of times before, Marty shrugged off the nervous question like nothing. "Just say anything? Say whatever's natural, the first thing that comes into your mind."