Chapter 7

Cedric smiled, his eyes holding an unfathomable amount of love, his hands cupping my cheeks, he pressed a kiss to my forehead, and looked back at me, "We are gonna do it,"

I took a deep breath and nodded, "yeah we are," I said still unsure, "or we aren't,"

"We will don't worry, my love," he said, a hand moving to stroke my hair, not caring about going late to bed and late to the station tomorrow. Yeah, it's August 31. How much I had dreaded going back last year, but the same dread had settled somewhere deep down in my heart once again.

"Alright, I need to tell you something important, OK?"

I hummed in response. "So, we are going back to Hogwarts," said Cedric, running the pad of his thumb across my cheekbones, "And I want you to control your outburst, ok?"

"How can I?" I asked, moving out of his embrace and climbed onto the bed. I pulled my knees up to my chest and covered it with a blanket, "I mean it's not like I want to, it just happens as if something in me triggered - and this knowing thing rubbish is absolutely not helping!"

He smiled, walking to the bed and sitting in front of me, "this is exactly what I am saying, calm down, you yelling or crying isn't going to do anything. Stand brave, look at them in the eye and speak, they will be frightened,"

I gaped at him, my eyes turning glossy as I sighed and leaned my head back, "I don't know..."

The smile stayed on his face as he moved closer to me and took my hand in his, kissing my knuckles, "obviously you do, I'm gonna be there by your side. It's going to be alright, my love,"

"It's not, Cedric," I whispered, looking at the stars through the open window. It had always given me a piece of motivation, calmness. Wondering however far away the stars are we could still see them, much beautiful, much more powerful than how they are then why can't I shine like that?

I didn't notice the way Cedric's smile slipped, a pained expression taking over before he masked it and shifted to sit beside me wrapping an arm around my waist, gazing at the same stars as I leaned my head on his shoulders.

"Do you wanna go out?" he asked, looking down at me with a glint in his eyes.

"What have you got in your mind, Diggory?"

He shrugged, leaning closer to me, "nothing actually, I mean we could have a lioness in the neighbourhood or we can make out"

"No thanks,"

"Oh come on!" he exclaimed standing up, pulling on his hoodie and taking another pair of those to me. He pulled me to my feet, "I always listen to you, now it's your turn"

My jaw dropped in mock offence before pouting, "Why are you pouting, idiot?"

I giggled, "look at the turn of events, love,"

He rolled his eyes but had a grin nevertheless, I shrugged on his hoodie and took hold of his hands as we tiptoed downstairs.

"I am not turning into a lioness, Diggory!" I hissed still holding onto his hand tightly, as he fumbled with the lock on the door.

He hummed, "I am serious, Cedric!"

He momentarily stopped what he was doing and looked at me with a smirk, "No, your my (Y/N),"

I glared at him before shaking my head, "You're impossible,"

I took a deep breath, standing on platform 9 and three quarters. A hand slid into mine, squeezing and I immediately felt warmth, love, calmness radiating from Cedric.