Chapter 4

As the meeting finally finished, Mrs Weasley had her kids making the table.

I was completely tuned out, my eyes closed, head resting on Cedric's shoulder as he casually chatted with Remus who sat by his side; I was living in another world, a world wherever I could express myself without any barrier that held me back to these people who were supposed to be fictional, who I had grown up reading, who were able to make me laugh, cry, scream all at once and to the world I had always wanted to live in - without war, betrayal and inevitably...death.

A shriek woke me up from my dream, "Fred — George — NO, JUST CARRY THEM!" and the next moment I knew there was a silver knife wiggling in front of me, the tip buried deep within the table.

I threw my head back and laughed. I wrenched the knife out of the table, "Your mother would have loved it, Sirius." He laughed harder than he already was at my sarcastic comment.

"FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!" yelled Mrs Weasley at Fred and George, "THERE WAS NO NEED — I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS — JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MAGIC NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHIP YOUR WANDS OUT FOR EVERY TINY LITTLE THING!"

I chuckled as the two of them shot me a glare and I shrugged innocently.
"The curtains in there are full of doxies too," Mrs Weasley complained in the middle of the dinner, "I thought we might try and tackle them tomorrow."

I coughed. "Don't speak about curtains in front of her, Mrs Weasley," Cedric says smiling.

Mrs Weasley looked genuinely confused, "Why?"
"She has a weak spot for curtains,"
I lightly punched his arm, "I don't. Shut up!"

After everyone had finished their dinner and was chatting lazily to each other, eyes drooping as if it could shut any minute, "Nearly time for bed, I think," said Mrs Weasley.

"Not just yet, Molly," said Sirius.

I held back a sigh as I watched the argument brewing between them,
"I did!" said Harry, "I asked Ron and Hermione but they said we're not allowed in the Order, so —"
"And they're quite right," said Mrs Weasley. "You're too young."
"Since when did someone have to be in the Order of the Phoenix to ask questions?" asked Sirius.
"Hang on!" interrupted George loudly.
"How come Harry gets his questions answered?" said Fred angrily.
"We've been trying to get stuff out of you for a month and you haven't told us a single stinking thing!" said George.

I watched as the conversation reached a boiling point,
"The bit about not telling Harry more than he needs to know," said Mrs Weasley.
"I don't intend to tell him more than he needs to know, Molly," said Sirius. "But as he was the one who saw Voldemort come back he has more right than most to —"
"He's not a member of the Order of the Phoenix!"
"And he's dealt with as much as most in the Order and more than some —"
"No one's denying what he's done! But he's still —"
"He's not a child!"
"He's not an adult either! He's not James, Sirius!"
"I'm perfectly clear who he is, thanks, Molly," said Sirius, I flinched at the coldness in his voice

"...Dumbledore must have had his reasons for not wanting Harry to know too much, and speaking as someone who has got Harry's best interests at heart —"
"He's not your son," said Sirius quietly.
"He's as good as," said Mrs Weasley fiercely. "Who else has he got?"
"He's got me!"
"Yes," said Mrs Weasley, her lip curling. "The thing is, it's been rather difficult for you to look after him while you've been locked up in Azkaban, hasn't it?"
"That's enough!" I bellowed, slamming my hand on the table and getting up, eye level to both Sirius and Mrs Weasley.

"As-" Sirius made a growling noise; I jerked my head towards the door asking him to leave the room. He pushed his chair back as he marched out of the room slamming the door causing everyone except me in the room to flinch.