Chapter 1

Perfect. That's the word I would use to describe my summer holidays. Yes, it was filled with anxiety and nervousness but the fun, adrenaline, laughter overruled it.

One thing that I loved most about the holidays was spending time with Cedric. Yeah, the cliche ones - spending time with your lover is the best. Even though I thought of those as cliches for a long time until I got to experience it, that has a different feel to it, a different joy, a different type of enjoyment.

In that, the best thing was teaching Cedric about muggle things, importantly cell phones. You might have guessed how that went. Something like this:

I was up in the room going through some of the books I had "borrowed" from (BF/N) when a loud deep shriek sounded from the living hall of the Diggory household.

I dashed through the corridors and rushed down the stairs, standing at the end of the staircase panting, I looked around for any evident danger I couldn't find anything other than Cedric pointing at my cell phone that was placed on the dining table(I forgot it there, stupid me) and holding a pillow in front of his chest, using it as a shield.

"Why the hell is it ringing!? And what the hell is it!?" he yelled.

"I dunno!" I yelled back, taking long strides. I reached for my phone to find it ringing because of my alarm.

I pursed my lips and turned around to face Cedric, "This is a cell phone and it's ringing because of an alarm. And nice shield,"

He looked down at the pillow before tossing it back on the couch and stood beside me.

"It just looks like a black box," he deadpanned.

"But you don't know the wonders it can do," I said dramatically, throwing a wink in the end.

"Will you teach me?" he asked.

My eyebrows shot to my hairline and I nodded, "It's gonna be a long road ahead,"

Well, let's just say it went pretty good, Cedric seemed to grasp a hold of the muggle working and often yelled, "Muggles are amazing!". Often as in sometimes in the middle of the night. I will give you a scenario for that too.

My arm was lazily draped over Cedric's torso as he scrolled through the phone even though it was 12 already - Why was I there? A question might arise. I was there because Mr. and Mrs. Diggory are out on vacation after I came here and nobody was there to tell me to do the otherwise -, gasping about things he found there now and then, "(Y/N)!" he yelled suddenly.

I shot up from his grasp, my eyes wide, "What happened!?"

"These muggles are awesome!" he exclaimed.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, I mean look at this," he pulled me back into his arms showing me what he found to be mesmerizing but it actually was google.

Though how much fun I tried to induce into the summer and distract him from the past year's events it was inevitable. It had left a huge scar in our mind that never allowed us to carry our lives forward, trying to forget it just simply no. Cedric was traumatized, often restless nights with nightmares, just that memory flashing before us in random times but he managed to cope up, he was able to stay an anchor for both of us, however vulnerable, he was still stronger than me.

I stood at the balcony, staring at the night sky, a cool breeze washing through me, a gentle smile resting on my lips.

A pair of arms encased me, his head nuzzling into the crook of my neck. I leaned back into his chest. "What happened?"