Chapter 21

A/N    This is quite a short chapter. I wanted to share a real quick idea,  I have been writing one-shots for fun that are not of Cedric but of some HP characters and I have posted a couple of them on Tumblr, so, perhaps I could upload it here too? 

"You will know how excited I am for divination the moment I wake up early," That's what I said to (BF/N) this morning. she had rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath.

"I mean," she said as we walked to the classroom of Divination, "You're like a child, still not grown and just a handful,"

"But you love me,"

"And I don't know why maybe because you're nice, I dunno. It's just that I am babysitting you all day and every day,"

"Yes, but I am cool,"

She snorted, "Cool? Short-tempered is what I would say,"

"Brave?"

"Ferocious,"

"I am mildly offended but what about beautiful,"

"Um, an unfortunate byproduct?"

I narrowed my eyes at her, "If I ever need to feel humble I just need to talk to you, shouldn't I?"

"You should. Even if you want an ego boost at times,"

I chuckled, "I love you, idiot,"

"Who the hell are you calling "idiot"!? And I love you too, by the way,"

"This is even more amazing to see in real life," I said in awe as I looked around the divination classroom. It was a beautiful imitation of the forest. Firenze strutted into the room.

"Professor Trelawney did Astrology with us!" said Parvati excitedly, at the middle of the class, "Mars causes accidents and burns and things like that, and when it makes an angle to Saturn, like now that means that people need to be extra careful when handling hot things -"

"Woah, I-I did not know we learnt all these," I murmured.

"Well, what were you doing then?" (BF/N) asked.

"...Procrastinating," I mumbled and she scoffed.

"That," said Firenze calmly, "is human nonsense."

(BF/N) and I looked at either side of the classroom, trying to keep the laugh that threatened to spill at bay.

"Did you hear him?" I said after we came out of the classroom.

"What?"

"He said that the Wizard-kind is living through the brief calm between two wars. And he was right,"

"Is that what you understood from the whole lecture?"

"No, no, no, after that - Mars, bringer of battle, shines brightly above us, suggesting that the fight must break out again soon. The roman god of war is called Mars and there will be a war, isn't it just mind-blowing?"

"It is, isn't it?" she asked, unamused

"Yes," I, however, breathed, still extremely amused.

"Oh, don't be such a killjoy," said Cho, watching her Patronus soar around the Room of Requirement during our next DADA class, "They're so pretty!"

"They're not supposed to be pretty, they're supposed to protect you," said Harry patiently.

An involuntary chuckle loudly left my mouth and Cho and Harry whipped their head towards me. Harry had his eyes wide and shook his head violently.

"Sorry," I said, biting my lips. Cedric, who was standing next to me, chuckled and nudged me.

"Shut it," I hissed.

"Anyone want to show us their Patronus?" Harry said, gathering the attention of us all.

A push from behind had me stumbling to the middle of the room, "(Y/N), great!"

I looked back to see Cedric and (BF/N) smiling cheekily. I glared at the two of them.

"Come on," Harry insisted.

I pried my eyes from the smirking pair and closed them, taking a deep breath, "Expecto Patronum!"

A silver lioness burst out from the tip of my wand, majestically gliding through the room. It came back to the spot before me, opened her mouth as though roaring and then vanished into thin vapour.

The students gathered around, had their jaws dropped, looking at the scene before them in awe.

"Hi, Dobby!" Harry said as the house-elf appeared beside him, "What are you - what's wrong?"

"Harry Potter, sir . . ." Dobby squeaked, "Harry Potter, sir . . . Dobby has come to warn you . . . but the house-elves have been warned not to tell . . ."

Dobby ran headfirst into the wall and bounced off by the excessive amount of hats on his head, Hermione and a few of the other girls squealed and I winced.

I looked at (BF/N) and silently questioned her about what was happening. She looked as though concentrating hard on something that was temporarily missing from her brain.

"What's happened, Dobby?" Harry asked.

"Harry Potter . . . she . . . she . . ."

My eyes widened in realisation as I beat it to Harry, "Umbridge, Potter!"

Panic settled amidst the group of students and I scrambled to get Cedric out of there first, "Get out,"
"What!? You! The rest?" Cedric asked as he seized my hand, wildly looking around.

"No! If she sees you we are in much greater trouble, just go, OK!" I pushed him towards the entrance and as he rushed down the corridor, he had seized (BF/N)'s hand pulling her along.

I smiled and turned to Harry who laid on his stomach on the ground, Malfoy behind him, said, "Trip Jinx, Potter!" he said. "Hey, Professor - PROFESSOR! I've got one!"

He hadn't seen me. Now, I had two options: run away and act nonchalant and then save them or get in trouble right now.

I chose neither and waited till I got the right moment. Patience is the key to success...bullshit!

"You can come with me to the headmaster's office, Potter," Umbridge said and I took a deep breath and strutted down the corridor, nonchalantly.

"Hey, Harry, what are you doing here? You said you would come to the library, didn't you?"

"Yes, professor," Harry struggled out of her grip and manoeuvred to stand beside me, "I was going to the library, I have no idea what you're talking about,"

"Nice try, Potter, but no. And you (L/N), you're coming with us to the Headmaster's office," Umbridge said, pushing the two of us before her.

Harry discreetly whispered, "You could've just run away,"

"It was worth a try," I shrugged lightly.

He glared at me, "Cedric and (BF/N)?"

"Hope they don't get caught," I mumbled.

"Fizzing Whizbee," said Umbridge when we reached the gargoyle present before the Headmaster's office.

The office was filled with people, ministry officials and not. I took a deep breath, "Are we in trouble, Pod?"

"Absolutely,"

"Do you know how to escape?"

"Definitely not,"

"What are we gonna do?"

"Shut up,"

"Alright,"