Chapter 23

"Oh, I expect she really fancied herself sitting up there in the Head's office," said Hermione about Umbridge the next day we all walked to the great hall, "Lording it over all the other teachers, the stupid puffed-up, power-crazy old -"

"Now, do you really want to finish that sentence, Granger?" Draco Malfoy slid out of the door from behind us. I jumped slightly and then burst out laughing.

Malfoy stopped mid comment and looked at me incredulously and perhaps concerned. (BF/N) tried to contain her laughter. Harry looked at us weirdly though a smile tugged on the corner of his lips.

Malfoy coughed, and continued his drawl, "Afraid I'm going to have to dock a few points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff,"

"It's only teachers that can dock points from Houses, Malfoy," said Ernie Macmillan.

"Yeah, we're prefects too, remember?" said Ron.

"I know prefects can't dock points, Weasel King," sneered Malfoy, "But members of the Inquisitorial Squad -"

"The what?" Hermione asked.

"So, Granger, I'll have five from you for being rude about our new headmistress. . . . Macmillan, five for contradicting me. . . . Five because I don't like you, Potter . . .Weasley, your shirt's untucked, so I'll have another five for that. . . . Oh yeah, I forgot, you're a Mudblood, Granger, so ten for that," Malfoy docked points in a single breath.

"Oh, Oh, Oh," Malfoy came back, "I forgot, five for (L/N)'s uncontained laughter-"

A chuckle slipped my lips and Malfoy glared at me, "Sorry," I mumbled, biting my lips.

"Malfoy just docked us all about fifty points," said Harry furiously,

Watching the hourglass.

"Potter, do you not know maths or something?" I asked, looking at him incredulously.

"Shut it," Harry hissed.

A loud boom echoed through the hall through the middle of the lunch. I glanced at (BF/N), grinning widely. She chuckled and shot up the table and ran down the aisle outside the hall.

I giggled, "Wow,"

"Oh my gods, it's soo beautiful!" (BF/N) whispered excitedly, looping her arm around mine and squeezed it.

Dragons of green and golden sparks soared around the corridor, roaring and emitting fire as she did. The amazing set of fireworks flew around the corridor with loud bangs and sparks, it was an absolute sight for sore eyes.

I giggled and pointed to a particularly amazing one that spelt swear words in the air and right now it was spelling something particularly nasty.

A jet of red light, narrowly missing my ears and hitting one of the fireworks. I yelped and jumped back, pushing (BF/N) back with me.

"Don't Stun them, Filch!" shouted Umbridge angrily.

"Right you are, Headmistress!" wheezed Filch.

Somehow, Fred and George seemed to have to sneak up from behind us and ushered the two of us away from the crowd and to some secluded place where Harry was present too.

"Impressive," Harry whispered, grinning. "Very impressive . . .You'll put Dr Filibuster out of business, no problem. . . ."

"Cheers," whispered George, wiping tears of laughter from his face.

"Dear, dear," said Professor McGonagall at the time of our Transfiguration class, "Miss Brown, would you mind running along to the headmistress and informing her that we have an escaped firework in our classroom?"

I chuckled, shaking my head and continued noting down the notes written on the board.

"Thank you so much, Professor!" said Professor Flitwick when we passed the charms classroom, "I could have got rid of the sparklers myself, of course, but I wasn't sure whether I had the authority. . . ."

I whistled and looked away, acting nonchalant when Umbridge turned towards me.

"They were wonderful fireworks," Hermione said to Fred and George, a wide smile on her face.

"Thanks," said George, looking both surprised and pleased, "Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-Bangs. Only thing is, we used our whole stock, we're going to have to start again from scratch now. . . ."

"It was worth it, though," said Fred, "If you want to add your name to the waiting list, Hermione, it's five Galleons for your Basic Blaze box and twenty for the Deflagration Deluxe. . . ."

"As if," I mumbled.

"Oh, why don't we have a night off?" said Hermione as she walked back to where Harry and Ron sat, "After all, the Easter holidays start on Friday, we'll have plenty of time then. . . ."

"Are you feeling alright?" Ron asked, looking at her in disbelief.

"Now you mention it," said Hermione happily, "d'you know . . . I think I'm feeling a bit . . . rebellious."

My jaw dropped as I watched her incredulously, "If not doing homework is rebellious, then what am I doing, (N/N)?"

"Crime," she muttered without looking up from the book she was reading. I gawked at her blankly.

"Fine. Imma gets out of this place," I said, standing up.

"Take care!" (BF/N) muttered, distractedly.

"Ah, finally!" Harry said. My mouth parted in disbelief and I chucked the little pillow on the couch right at his face.

I skipped the steps to Astronomy tower, how long a day it's been lately, not a single moment Cedric and I spent from the DADA.

When I reached the tower I found Cedric gazing at the stars fondly, a subtle smile on his face. His hands clutched the railings, looking down at the grounds as the moonlight shone down at him.

A gentle smile wove its way to my face, "Cedric?"

He spun around to look at me, his smile widening an unbelievable amount. He rushed to me, arms wide open.

"Oh my goodness," he breathed, engulfing me into his arms, holding me tight to his chest, "How long has it been?"

I chuckled, mumbling "Two days," into his shoulder but held him close nonetheless, inhaling to get a whiff of his cologne. That was the real magic - no matter what, no matter how; a sniff of his cologne would comfort me. We would come back to each other however far and long we have been.

Cedric pressed his lips to the side of my forehead and pulled away, "Was - on that day - were they, I mean they didn't hurt you, right? Those ministry people,"

I shook my head lightly, staring deep into his eyes. Grey. Shining, perhaps we would say piercing, "I love you, Cedric,"

"I love you too," he said, smiling softly and leaned in to connect our lips. I vaguely registered an escaped firework going off, I was, after all, in a state of my own bliss from the kiss.