Chapter 13

A/N ANGSTY! So angsty! I cried while writing this

Cedric rubbed my arms, beaming at my nervous form, "You're gonna rock it, my love!" he said, excitedly. Today was the first Quidditch match of Gryffindors against Slytherin and knowing what happens, I had one goal etched in my mind - Don't lose your temper and get banned from quidditch.

"Ugh," I groaned, my face colliding against Cedric's shoulder and I didn't need to look at him to know his face had a grimace, "I know I will but the aftermath. I mean, like I would smash Malfoy's face until he is bleeding buckets but what if I get banned!?"

"Love?" Cedric said, an amused look taking over his face, "Is this you speaking?"

I pulled away, pouting, "Yes, it's me speaking! So, think about how much it really matters!"

"Um," Cedric shuffled in his place, his hands still on my arms, "You're just overthinking, pride,"

"No, I am not," I said, narrowing my eyes at him and crossing my arms before my chest.

He raised an eyebrow and nodded. He sighed when he saw me glaring at me, "Alright! uh, how about this? You go there rock the pitch like you always do and then when the commotion starts, I will be at your side, OK?"

"And make sure I won't get into trouble?" I asked, cocking my head to one side.

He nodded, cupping my cheeks, "And make sure you won't get into trouble."

Cedric passed my thumbs up and winked from the stands as I hovered above the pitch. My eyes momentarily scanned the stands to find Jane Ostrich a couple of rows above Cedric and (BF/N) on the opposite side with Hermione. She made an action of sending my flying kiss which I caught in my hands with a laugh and no, it was for me, not Ron.

The chants passed from one ear to the other nothing mattered to me but I knew it did to Ron, greatly. Finally, after an excruciatingly painful game, I descended from my broom gracefully (one instance where I actually am graceful) onto the ground where my real task awaited. I waited for Cedric to come just like he said he would but deep down something felt as if he would never show up yet I suppressed that thought and held a smile, completely believing Cedric's words.

"We wanted to write another couple of verses! But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly - we wanted to sing about his mother, see -" Malfoy said.

I fisted my fingers. 'Don't give in' chanted in my ears, 'this is exactly what he wants'. With an eye on the commotion before me, I glanced around trying to find Cedric but when Malfoy said the second set of insults my head whipped towards him.

"- We couldn't fit in useless loser either - for his father, you know -"

Fred and Angelina were on either side of me as I glared daggers at Malfoy, "Now, (YL/N), where is your little champion boyfriend? Escaped from your freaky wrath that he endured. Perhaps he preferred to be dead than with you. Oh, is that where he is - dead," That snapped the restraints I had built around myself. I pounced on him, my balled fist roughly clashing against his jaw, blood oozing out which stopped his laughter.

This seemed to trigger Harry too as he was instantly on my side with Fred and George trying to hold us back. The punch I threw seemed to split my knuckles, blood dripped from it too. I wiggled my fingers in the air as Madam Hooch yelled at us, after separating Harry from Malfoy, "I've never seen behaviour like it - back up to the castle, both of you, and straight to your Head of House's office! Go! Now!"

"Well?" she said. "I have never seen such a disgraceful exhibition. Two onto one! Explain yourselves!" Professor McGonagall yelled, as Harry and I stood before her desk, our head held low.