Chapter 6

The next morning I was in the basement shifting through my various projects I had done in the past. I had painted some fairies with water color paints. Then some Forrest and meadow settings in a normal setting and abstract form using acrylics and oils. I did wolves in more abstract forms with inks. Then I painted one of my shifter bear friends with oil paints. I had some stain glass work that I had done. I been working on a sketch of the triplets for a Christmas gift for mom and dad. I have an origami swan from a class project and will admit I did not care for making that form of art. We had to do a self portrait that I sketched with charcoal. Then I had started messing with clay, but with the move here it did not get to far. Though you could tell it was a wolf. (Well maybe looked more like a German shepherd, but someday I might finish it.)

Elder Daisy rung the doorbell at 10:00am

Elder Daisy rung the doorbell at 10:00am. I went running up the stairs from the basement. I saw Addy, the new housekeeper was answering the door. I quickly caught my breath and Mom grabbed my hand, "calm down and breath. I know your excited." Then we stood in the hall by the steps while Addy brought Elder Daisy, Luna Pettit and someone I did not know.

I quickly said, "hello, thank you for coming."

Elder Daisy looked at us, "Beta Sheets thank you for saying it was ok to bring two guest. We met at the barbecue the other day. I am Elder Daisy Stevens. Alpha Pettit is running late. The meeting he had this morning was still going on, but he will be here along with your husband as soon as he can. He would be the pack sponsor if we vote to sponsor you.

Luna Pettit said, "yes an alpha's work is never done. As Luna I run the extra curricular programs for our youth through the center. Elder Daisy was saying we should look into sponsoring from the youth center."

"My name is Tammy Glassco. I am the part time art teacher at the high school. Elder Daisy suggested I come also to this meetup. She said you had filled out an application for Supernatural Art Contest based on recommendations from your art teacher from your old pack. We would need to move quickly to get this pack behind you to make the deadline for round one application and references is in 4 weeks."

"Mom did not tell me you all were coming. What do you want to see first? The application? The reference letters? Or some of the art items I set up?"

"Emily, you are forgetting your manners. Please let me take your coats and we can set them on the chair here in the Living Room.  Would you like a drink?"

Just then we hear the front door open and I hear dad call out, "sweetheart, the alpha and I are here." They walk to where we are and all but Dad and Luna bow their heads to him. "Have you shown your art yet Em?"

"Not yet. We just were setting  their rain coats over the chairs and offering drinks."

Elder Daisy said, "I was going to suggest we go look at the art. Then when we come back up we can have drinks and discuss applications and references."