Chapter 38

When I came out of heat we were to the king's court. I walk in beside my mate. We both were wearing our uniforms. I see the top three of several packs. This included all three beta and delta from mine, my dad's pack, my uncle's pack and in-law's pack. We go stand beside our beta and delta. I see several alphas I have met throughout my life. They all our staring at us. I lean over and ask Gavin, "what is going on?"

He starts to reply when we hear, "our majesties King Alesta and Queen Katrina. We all stand. When they get to their throne we all show respect by offering our necks. They sit in their chairs and we all sit down.

A voice calls out, "Alpha Gavin, Alpha Gino, Elder Alpha Jose, and Alpha Emily will you present yourself. I give a startle look but my mate, brother-in-law, father-in-law and I stand. We all head to the front. We are confused on why we are called to the front.

King Alesta says, "I have known you Jose since I was a pup. We have watched our pups grow up together. I rejoiced and weeped when your son found and lost his first mate. I rejoiced when he got a second chance. I never thought anything could be kept a secret in this castle. Yet, one of the biggest secrets of this castle never made it to me."

He looked at Gavin. I grabbed his hand. I linked him, "he knows about you."

Jose stepped forward. He did not even try to play dumb. "Your majesty. We wanted him to have a normal puphood. We told him to pick the one look and stay with it. He choose his great grandfather. He never knew him, but he loved his stories we told him. We just wanted him to enjoy his puphood. Others already thought it odd he changed when eight years old."

The king stood, "what is about to be shared will never be spoken outside this room." He commanded in his king alpha voice.

Everyone said, "yes alpha."

The king looked at Gavin and commanded, "SHIFT. "
Gavin did not even try to fight it. He shifted into his black wolf that everyone knew. His clothes ripped and shredded. The king then commanded again, "SHIFT." He turned into a red wolf.  Whispers started in the crowd.  Then again we heard, "SHIFT." He switched into a white wolf like me. The king kept commanding until Gavin started repeating the wolfs. He then stopped.

Alpha Thortan stood up, "oh my goddess. Your majesty may I be excused and bring a prisoner forward? My idea might win us the war sooner than later."

The king, "preceded." And Thortan runs out of the room. The king takes off his robe he walked into the room wearing and walks down to Gavin. He drapes it across him and says, "shift." He shifts back into his human self.

I wrap my arms around him. He is looking down toward the ground. I kiss his cheek, "are you ok?"

He looks at me and replies, "yes, love. I am ok." He then looks up at the king.

The king smiled, "I just hate secrets. If anyone else has secrets now is the time to share them."

I reply, "I am not sure if you know my talent. I discovered it at wolf Warrior camp."

The king replied, "I heard you draw things." 

She says, "I can find people if I know what they look like."

The king said, "all this time we have been looking for the rogue king you could of shown us where he was at?"

"It doesn't quite work like that. I cannot do long distances. If he is within about 50 miles is the furthest I have done with training."

Another alpha stood up, "I have some pups who are too young  for Shamon testing, but they shifted early too.  They were nine when they shifted. They have the best since of smell. That is why we have been able to keep rogues 50 miles out. The Royal guards know about them, but because of their age they cannot use them all the time."