Chapter 20

The last few weeks have been a very busy schedule.

The Red Commander stands before us, "Today you are all given laser tag equipment. This equipment was modified that no matter which form you are in you will still be wearing the special equipment. All players must begin the game at their base and can't leave till the game begins.  We will know it begins when the alpha of the territory sets off the cannon. That will also be how we know it ends. Players, who are hit will have their laser cut off. You  are to lay down where you are hit and cannot talk any more. The hat you are wearing will even stop you from linking. The command post will send someone to retrieve you from the battlefield. If you are  carrying one of the opposing teams flags back to our base and are hit, you must drop the flag at that spot.  Another team member must pick up the flag and continue the game.  When a player is carrying the flag, it must remain visible at all times.  To complete the game, you must raise the flag up the pole. You cannot steal other claimed flags once on their pole. If laying on the ground you can claim it. Each team has a total of five flags in their territory to protect. You have up to 10 flags you can steal.  This also means your team has 5 flags they are to protect.

Depending on where you are hit will determine if you are let back in the game. Once escorted off the field it will be determine if it was a kill shot or an injury shot. Kill shots you are permanently out of game and can watch and cheer your team  from stands. If determine it was an injury shot depending where you were hit you are out 15-60 minutes before your machine will automatically reset. If it resets you are back in game.

Each flag captured is worth 50 points.
Each flag not captured is worth 100 points.
Each team member killed by your team is worth 25 points each.
Each team member injured by your team is worth 10 points.
Each member captured as prisoner and held in the prison to the end is worth 15 points.
The ambassadors can be used to rescue prisoners. If killed that team gets 100 points deducted.
Each member must stay active. If inactive 10 minutes- means not moved at least 10 feet the team gets 10 points deducted. Cannot lay still to protect flag.

This is a 10 hour round once they start it. You will be given 2 hours to strategize and determine how to protect your flags. All information about where your flags have been placed in this envelope.  When they  sound the bell I am to give this envelope to the alpha.
Are there any questions?" No one replies and we all get excited as we wait. "Good I will link we are ready with the Alphas. We wait for everyone else to reply to him and then he will start the 2 hour strategy session."

The bell rings and the alpha is handed the map and envelope. He calls out, "Emily, come here with your sketch pad. Draw the picture of the Blue and Yellow Alphas." I quickly sketched them. "Now picture them where they are at and what they are looking at."

I looked at Landon and asked, "is it cheating using my powers?"

"The rules did not say we could not use any powers. Plus a couple of their players also have powers. I am sure those alphas will be using them."

I looked at Alpha's  Michael's sketch and soon had his vision in mine.  "Alpha Michael is looking at his map. Their flags are here, here, here, here and here." Each time I said here I pointed to the map and Beta Connor marked the map with a black flag. I then flipped to Alpha Jonas's picture and could see where his flags were on his map. I pointed to where they were and Beta Connor marked them. He then numbered each flag. I then said,  "He plans to send Gwen to protect flag 2.  Shelly and Steven will stay at base. Dawn is at 4. He sending Claud to flag 1..."  I kept going back and forth between the two alphas. Soon we knew where every player planned on being sent. I was told, "Emily take a rest. Once the game begins you and Charles will make yourselves to where the border meets. This way you should be about equal distance to their base where prisoners will be kept. I want you only if it not to much peak in their heads for any changes in plans and keep Beta Connor informed of any movement of flags.