Give Me Details Now

Then I look at you
And the world's alright with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be
A lovely day (lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, lovely day)

I groan,turning to the other side,placing a pillow over my head.

A lovely day (lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, lovely day)

"I think you should replace the word Day with Night, Anshu",I sit up, clutching my head.

"Oh shut up."

"Why are you screeching like a harpy?"

"It's such a good day."

"The day had just started,"I raise an eyebrow,"You mean it was such a good night?"

Anshu tries to smother me with the pillow on my lap,"Don't dull my vibe. I'm feeling vibrant today",she spreads her arms, moving them as though trying to fly them like wings.

"Just because you had a good lay",I mumble, cocooning myself in my blanket.

"Aww",Anshu pulls my cheeks,"Wait for some time honey. Who knows,your time might be near too."

The fact that Nikhil's face was the first thing that came into my head made me blush.

"Very funny",I try hard to keep a straight face.

We talk about nothing and everything, enjoying a lazy morning.

"So",I drag the 'So', with Anshu and I sitting next to each other,"I was thinking..."

Anshu groans,"You are not thinking,if you're actually thinking what I think you're thinking about."

I frown,"Listen to me."

"Don't. It's a bad idea."

"But you didn't even know what I'm going to talk about",I protest.

My best friend gives me a hard look,"Are you not talking about calling Dhruv?"

I give her a blank stare,"I am",I mumble.

"Sandy", Anshu takes in a deep breath,"It's a terrible idea. You are doing good now. Why do you want to talk to Dhruv now? Just let things be."

"But I think I should-"

"Talk what?",my best friend snaps, glaring at me,"Oh Hello Dhruv, I was desperately waiting for your call initially,and then blocked your ass because I realized it's silly. And now that you spoke to Nikhil,I want to know your intentions. Is that what you want to talk about?"

"Don't be ridiculous", I say, irritated,"I don't care if he wants to be with me again." I clear my throat, looking away when Anshu gives me a pointed look,"Okay fine. So what's the big deal. I just want to know why he didn't call earlier."

"Can you hear yourself?",Anshu hisses, grabbing my arm,"How does it matter why he didn't call? You're fine now, happy. You even started liking Nikhil. What the hell does bringing Dhruv in between mean?"

"It's not like th-"

"It's exactly like that. You're inviting unwanted problems into your life. You don't need them right now. Have you forgotten how mean he was to you? Why the hell do you want to talk to him?"

"So what?",I exclaim,"You're making it sound like I want to get back with him. I'm not going to do that. I don't understand why you are so against it."

"Don't come crying to me when the unexpected happens",Anshu stands up,slamming the door behind her as she walks away.

I fling the sheets off me,pissed off.