I Really Needed To Hear That

I was so anxious about the previous chapter(since it's mostly a dialogue between mother and daughter,not the leads,and readers often just like the leads' conversations.) But your response was amazing. Thank you so much❤️

Since Nikhil's Pov had just been before ten or so chapters, I'm contemplating on it,maybe I'll make it in his pov at the 50th chapter or something. Haven't exactly thought about it...

Enjoy the read! :)

I'm not sure if I have to be amused or horrified when Nikhil looks extremely uncomfortable,having been caught.

"Uh...Hi",He pockets his hands, looking at me for a second,and turning his head, although a smile plays on his lips.

I recall the conversation with my mother,sighing in relief when I hadn't contributed much,it was mostly my mother talking after I had explained the situation to her.

I wonder how long he'd been standing there.

Did he... listen to my side of the story?

"Hi",I nod,forcing a smile.

Apparently, Nikhil didn't have anything to say as he merely stared at me.

Anxiety ate up my insides as I wondered how much he'd heard,"Since how long have you been here?"

"Since the time I was one letter short of a condom brand."

Niyodh.

Nirodh.

My face turns red,my defences quickly building,"Why on Earth would you eavesdrop on a personal conversation?"

"It was about me", Nikhil seems smug,as he walks towards me.

Had he changed so much in a span of mere three weeks?

I turn my head away when he nears me, angry for some reason.

Even though I like him,he had no right to disrespect my privacy like that.

And what about all the times you've stalked him,my subconscious arches an eyebrow.

I frown to myself,but I'd never eavesdropped on him. I usually left if he got phonecalls, especially if I hear my name,scared of what I might hear.

I'm frowning hard,my gaze down when I see Nikhil's shoes in my vision, feeling his body heat.

"Why won't you give in, Sandy?"

I sigh,tired,not having anything to say as I look at him regarding me with a soft gaze.

"I'm...",I open my mouth to apologise,but don't, because why? Why should I apologise for being myself?

Our arms brush,the minimal physical contact in days, has me yearning for more.

Red lights started to flash before my eyes at my thoughts.

Nikhil will most probably think I only want him physically,the emotional distance between us growing.

Forgive Dhruv.

Mom's words ring in my head, making me squeeze my eyes shut.

I sigh again,taking a seat on the footpath.

"Bye."

My gaze turns to Nikhil,longing. I only hoped it wasn't as prominent in my eyes,"You could stay if you want to."

"You look like you need some alone time."

You really think that way or you just want to get away?