Do I Look Upset?

To say that I'm annoyed would be an understatement.

I sigh,laying in bed, clutching on to my pillow.

I pout involuntarily,my mind going back to a part of the conversation I had a while ago.

"Hey Sandy. I'm so Sorry,I won't be able to make it today. I'm covering for a colleague of mine. Slipped my mind yesterday when you had asked."

I frown, placing the pillow over my head,lying on my stomach.

It sucks to be on the receiving end of dismissal.

Although Nikhil's reason was valid.

And the fact that Anshu and I haven't spoken all day is getting to me.

The latter affecting me far more than the former.

So like any impulsive-shameless-irritating best friend,I get up,barging into Anshu's room.

"What the heck Anshu!Why are you giving me silent treatment?I'm the most-"

"Shut up Sandy",Anshu hisses, turning to me,covering the speaker of her mobile.

"Oh",I shrug.

My best friend glares at me, continuing to talk.

"Who?",I mouthed.

"Shilpa Ma'am",she mouths back, talking on the phone as I make myself comfortable.

I wince when Anshu slaps my hand off the chocolate lying on her bed. Although I rub the back of my hand,I devour the dessert, ignoring the 'loving' look Anshu sends my way.

"Yes ma'am. I will make sure the patient is ready for OT by 8am tomorrow."

"Wow. Shilpa is calling you too now?"

Anshu rolls her eyes,"Don't ask. I think she hates me. She called me up now to ask the patient's blood sugar levels",She sighs,making another call.

I hum to myself, messing up Anshu's bed, feeling at peace already.

I yawn, irritated when the junior Anshu is speaking to is taking longer than necessary to understand instructions. I start poking her face,squishing a cheek when she refused to put her mobile down after two more minutes.

"Yeah Sanjana. Keep me updated",Anshu says.

"Ow",Anshu winces, accidentally slapping herself when she tried to slap my hand away from her face.

"Aww my baby",I grin.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ouch",I murmur mockingly,"You hurt my feelings."

"Dramebaaz",Anshu mutters, setting next to me.

I give her a deadpanned look, squealing when Anshu squishes me in a side hug.

"I know I'm awesome,and you missed me like crazy Anshu,but I won't know if you're hugging me if you missed me or just want to kill me if you continue squeezing me like this",my actions contradict my words as my own arms go around her frame.

"Oh shut up",Anshu mumbles,"Were you very upset?"

"Nope",I shake my head,"Just a bit. I'm perfect now."

"Sandy,you know I didn't mea-"

I shake my head,"Yeah yeah",I wave my hand dismissively,"I know you love me and want the best for me and wouldn't say anything to hurt me intentionally,blah blah",I show all my teeth when Anshu tries giving me a stern look,but ends up smiling, bumping my shoulder with hers.