I don't care if you're in the middle of an apocalypse.

Pick up,pick up,I mutter,my head swimming with possibilities as I dial Anshu's number.

I am going to have a panic attack.

Shit.

Deep breaths Sandy.

"What the hell are you doing,not picking the call!",I snap at my best friend.

"I'm in the labour room. Wassup?"

"Wassup? Wassup? You stupid female."

"Sandy? You okay?"

"No",I screech.

"Okay listen. Someone's calling for me. I think I need to go."

"I don't care if you're in the middle of an apocalypse."

I hear a deep sigh,"Just a second Deepthi",I hear her snap,"What happened?"

"Dhruv texted", I cry out,"He is asking if we can meet tomorrow."

"What?"

"Exactly. What  the hell!"

"Okay calm down. I don't think I can come to your room right now. Come to the hospital."

"Cool."

My hands tremble as I lock the door behind me,halting in steps when I pass the hostel gate.

I'm overreacting.

So what if the asshole texted. I could always ask him to fuck off and not meet him.

Sandy,you shouldn't be nervous. And he definitely doesn't deserve this much of your energy,I give myself a pep talk.

I make a quick call to Anshu,saying I'll be fine,though it took some time convincing.

That's it. What's the big deal if he texted. The decision to meet or not depends on me.

I find myself reading the text repeatedly as I lay down in bed, wondering if it just isn't a figment of my imagination,my eyes drooping and sleep lulling me at an odd hour of the night.

****

The day passes agonizingly slow,as I keep looking at the time frequently.

It's gonna be evening in some time.

So what?

I close my eyes,taking deep breaths.

I feel so conflicted right now that it wasn't even funny.

I don't want to see the asshole's face ever,but I'm also curious about what he wants to talk about.

You feel me?

I groan,placing my head in my hands, defeated.

"Okay. Cheer up. That's enough sulking."

"Go away Avyukth."

"Seriously though. You look like you're going to puke."

"Thanks Anshu. You always know how to make me feel better",I roll my eyes.

"Why are you so stressed? Didn't you decide you aren't going to meet him?", Avyukth smirks.

I glare at the idiot,"I'm so going to poison your food if you continue speaking."

"Let her be",Anshu tells her boyfriend,"Look. Don't beat around the bush. Do you want to meet him?",I open my mouth and close it when Anshu gives me a sharp look,"Don't talk in riddles. It's a Yes or No question."

"I don't know",I mumble.

"Great. So let's forget about it. Let's go out for dinner then."

"When did I say No?"