Why Did You Cry?

Surprise, Surprise.

Firstly,I am so sorry for just disappearing into thin air. But I was just so busy with other personal obligations. I had an important exam to study for,hence had to be MIA.

Hope you guys can understand.

I missed you guys so much.

Enjoy the chapter!

***

Nikhil's POV

I'm restless as Prachi and I have our dessert.

Being with another supposed-to-be a romantic female company seemed wrong.  Even though it was just a lunch,it somehow felt like I am cheating on Sandy, inspite of her knowing it.

I grin, shaking my head as I have the last bite of dessert,my cheese cake, heart full as I recall how displeased Sandy was when she came to know I was meeting someone.

It obviously means she feels something.

I let the feeling wash over me,the girl I like likes me back, however little or lot it maybe.

"Uh",I hear a clearing of throat.

I snap out of my thoughts,guilty. It's incredibly rude to just seem uninterested.

That pierces the other person's heart.

"I'm sorry",I apologise,"I was just... thinking of something."

"It's okay",Prachi smiles awkwardly.

Soon,we're standing outside the restaurant, haiving paid the bill.

"How are you going?",I ask as I wait for the valet to bring my car.

"I've booked a cab."

"Are you sure? I could drop you if you wish",I ask out of courtesy.

Prachi looks surprised.

Please decline. I need to go see my girl.

I look towards her as my car approaches,"No. It's cool. My cab's just 5 minutes away."

I nod, pocketing my hands.

"Okay. I'll wait till you leave."

I try to hide my wince when the girl looks positively flattered.

I hope she doesn't get any ideas. It's just strange to leave her on the road waiting.

"Thanks. But that's not necessary."

I nod,but still stand quietly next to her. I sigh a breath of relief when Prachi gets into her cab,the unease slowly lifting.

I'm about to open my car door when my mobile vibrates,"Are you having main course again? 🙄"

I want to laugh as I read Sandy's message,typing back a quick text that I'm on my way back,a smile making it's way on my lips.

I can't help myself as I look up at the sky in a silent Thank you,a prayer,my eyes damp for some reason.

Spending time with anyone except her only made me fall deeper in love with her,miss her more.And now that I can finally see it being reciprocated after years, I cannot stop the single tear that slips my eye as I reverse the car.

God,I love that girl so much.

As I'm lost in my thoughts,I cannot stop a frown as I remember parts of our conversation from the other day.

The moment when there was so much hesitancy before she explained her thoughts still haunts me.

Sandy's  a girl that spoke her mind, fearlessly.