I don't deserve you

"And ?",I narrow my eyes.

"And what ?",he shrugs,"We all danced, partied,and then dispersed after a while.

I critically assess Avyukth, daring him to lie. He looks away though,glaring at something to his left. I frown, a... junior?

"So. Dhruv tried to provoke Nikhil,but Nikhil ceased the conversation down before it escalated?What exactly happened?"

"Sandy", Avyukth sighs, wrapping an arm around my shoulder,"You know I'll tell you if I think it's something you should know,right?",he glances at me sideways.

"Yeah. But-"

Avyukth pats my shoulder,"Sandy. Just don't give Dhruv that much weightage. He wants exactly that. And if you're thinking about him, you're actually giving him what he wants. Don't do that,okay? You and Nikhil are reaching somewhere. Don't overthink and spoil it,okay?"

I frown,"Why are you saying it like that?"

Avyukth sighs, exasperated,"Sandy. Just leave somethings be. Okay?"

"That's why I'm asking you ,and not Nikhil."

"I did tell you. Dhruv tried to provoke him. It got a bit heated,but things cooled down. What else do you want to know?"

"I-",I open my mouth,sighing.

Truth is,I want to know what exactly happened in the get together.

"I got to leave now. Have to check on a scan report", Avyukth pats my shoulder,"Bye."

"Yeah. Bye",I mumble.

I sip on my juice, stretching my legs under the table as I gaze outside the window.

It's only when I get up to leave that I notice a couple of girls simultaneously looking at me,and suddenly turned their gaze away when I looked at them.

The girl Avyukth probably was looking at was in the group.

I shrug it off,uneasy,shaking my head.

I make my way to the wards,to go into the duty doctor room to chill for a while,if Anshu was present.

I'm about to open the door when I hear voices.

"Yeah. That girl Sandeepthi,in the OBG department."

"Dhruv and Nikhil were arguing about that girl?"

"Yeah. Apparently one of them is her ex,I think Dhruv. And he was saying really mean things about her, double timing and stuff when they were dating back then. It got a bit ugly."

I hear a gasp from inside,my hold on the door handle tightening.

"Yeah. Nikhil was defending her apparently,Shashank was saying. But you know guys,how touchy they get when they date their friends' exs'. Honestly,I think the girl is the problem. She doesn't deserve either. She's creating such tight spots between friends."

I'm livid with anger,done with hearing this crap. I'm about to turn away when I hear something that has my breath hitch.

"-Nikhil is always behind her.He likes her, apparently. But that girl is so labile. When Nikhil had asked Dhruv to shut up about Sandeepthi,Dhruv asked what she was to him,and the poor guy had no answer. There was a lot of argument about her character and stuff. But I think that Dhruv guy is right. Nikhil and Sandeepthi should make it official if they're seeing each other. Her not being serious will obviously give ideas to anyone else. Personally,I think they're just sleeping together. Nikhil's just taking what he gets, because he likes her. That girl.Spoiling two guys life without any sense of clarity. She doesn't deserve a guy like him,with her behaviour."