Finale

I consciously try to hide my smile as I hide my nose into the book I'm staring out, our confession ringing in my ears.

"Did you seriously actually have sex on the sidewalk?"

My head jerk upwards, horrified but amused at the assumption as I throw a pillow on Anshu's face.

"Then what?"

I shrug,my smile sheepish.

I wanted to keep the news to myself for a little longer,it felt precious.

Anshu continues to stare at me,a slow grin forming on her face,"You told him, didn't you?"

I tried and failed keeping my face as blank as I could,"Told whom what?"

"You sly thing. You didn't even tell me."

"Ughh it just happened",I grin, throwing my arms around my hest friend,"God, I love him so much Anshu."

Anshu squeezes me in her arms as we let out odd, girlish giggles,"I am so happy",I feel giddy with joy.

I'm both touched and surprised to see Anshu tear up when we pull apart,"I'm so happy for you Sandy",she pulls me into another hug.

I swallow the lump in my throat as I pray to the higher power to grant me strength to not fuck things up.

Our semi emotional moment is broken when my mobile pings.

We pull away as I reach the nightstand to grab my phone.

"Bored of my face or you can put up with it a while longer for today?"

I grin at Nikhil's text, quickly replying with a,"What's the plan?"

No plans as of yet,we could just go somewhere.

Sure. Let me know when.

Say 30? I'll pick you downstairs.

Cool. I'll be there.

There's a bounce in my step as I get ready, cheeks tinging at Anshu's comments.

***
I'm ridiculously conscious while I wait for Nikhil outside the hospital. Even though he'd said he'll pick me in front of the hostel,I was too restless to just stand and wait.

When seconds turn to minutes,a frown forms on my lips.

I contemplate calling after a good fifteen minutes.

Is he seriously standing me up?

I look down at my attire,pouting at the blue floor length kurti ,ankle length leggings, my pendant and  earrings, feeling overdressed.

I sigh,running a hand through my hair as I pick my phone,startled when I hear a honk.

Irritated,I look up to find the face I've been waiting for.

"You're late."

"Hello to you too Sandy. How are you doing today?", Nikhil grins.

I roll my eyes as I get into the car.

"I wanted to get you these",Nikhil hands me a bouquet of Lillies, "Didn't see the time."

My annoyance is vanished as I grin,the flowers and the gesture calming me down instantly,"Thank you."

I will myself to control the blush on my cheeks when Nikhil grabs the back of hand,places a gentle kiss on it before he starts to drive.

Even though everything is the same,it felt very different.

Love.

I couldn't help the silly smile forming on my lips every now and then.

We take a stroll beside the Nerul lake,hands intertwined.

As I stare at Nikhil and I's intertwined hands,I couldn't help wonder out loud,"Feels surreal isn't it?"

Nikhil gazes me with such a soft smile that it has my heart go into overdrive,"It does",he brushes a hand against my cheek.

I swallow the sudden lump lodged in my throat, overwhelmed with all the emotions as Nikhil wraps his arm around my shoulders,pressing a kiss on my hair,"I love you Sandy."

I've heard Nikhil say something along these lines multiple times previously,and each time I felt different, sometimes scared, sometimes unready,and at times confused.

But now,as he looks at me with the softest smile I've seen on his face,like he didn't say those words just to hear them back, I feel calm,collected,at peace,like this is the reason none of my previous relationships worked,like I've finally found what I'm looking for.

There's a huge grin on my face as I place a kiss on his shoulder,"I love you too. A lot."

It felt cliche even for me to say this,but at that moment,Nikhil was the brightest star around me.

My eyes close on their own accord as he places his lips on mine,the soft mesh of our lips against the other bringing butterflies into my stomach for a moment before replacing it with a gentle calmness,a sense of security,and most of all,love.

Nikhil holds me in my arms,our lips grazing against each other as he whispers against them,"So now that we're at it,Be my girlfriend Sandy?"

It was probably the most unusual thing to do,but my first reaction was to let out a soft chuckle.

Nikhil looks confused,as he should, as I place a kiss on his cheek,"Yes",I whisper,this time my brain and heart in sync,in content.

We embrace each other in the middle of nowhere, hearts and eyes full of love, gazing at each other like we're the most precious gifts from God.

They say,Victory is sweeter when the climb is hard.

As we held each other in our arms,I realized that maybe,just maybe,that the climb may necessarily be hard,but the view will always be worth it.

Hello you guys!

Okay please don't kill me for being away for so long. I've genuinely been busy.

So.

This is it.

Sandy and Nikhil's journey has come to an end.

Before you bombard me with the,'This is such an unconventional/incomplete/hurried ending', I've always wanted to wrap up the book once both of them fall in love (at the same time). I don't want to drag the book.

I hope you can respect my decision.

Thank you to each and everyone who read this book. Means a lot to me.

Damn. Sandy and Nikhil's story had come to an end 😭😭😭

I love you all.
Ruvya.