This Reminded Me Of You

"You guys didn't even kiss?"

"No."

"Not even a peck?"

"No."

"What about—"

"Shut up Anshu",I hiss.

"Who are you texting?", Anshu peeps into my mobile,"Show me."

I tilt my mobile away from her deliberately, even though I'm just texting my sister.

Anshu gasps,"You guys didn't even kiss yesterday, but you're sexting already?"

"Anshu!",my cheeks turn red.

The loon only grins, wiggling her eyebrows dramatically.

"You guys disappointed me",she examines her nails.

I sigh,"Me too",I mumble.

I curse myself when a slow grin spreads across her face,"I think I didn't hear you well. Could you repeat it?"

"What Anshu?Let me be",I grumble.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?"

Anshu rolls her eyes, tilts her head.

"Nikhil is meeting Prachi",my words turn bitter.

Anshu frowns,"Oh."

"Yeah",I drop on my bed,sighing.

Both of our moods drop, as we drown in our own thoughts.

I'm thinking about Nikhil when Anshu starts to cough loudly,making weird sound.

I turn to her, arching an eyebrow.

" 'I'm leaving now. Will keep you updated. Don't worry.' Ahem."

My heart races,"Nikhil?"

She rolls her eyes like I'm the biggest idiot for asking such a question,"Duh."

I feel better for the first time in hours,now that Nikhil had contacted.

I frown when Anshu dodges my attempt to retrieve my mobile from her hand,"Stop it."

She dramatically places a hand over her chest,"A message from Nikhil is more important to you than me?",she points towards her face, coming closer as if to prove a point,"Your best friend."

I roll my eyes,"Fine. Just text him Okay.Be available."

"Too mainstream",Anshu shakes her head.

We're arguing when my mobile rings,still in Anshu's hand as she picks the call,places it on speaker.

I roll my eyes, trying with all my might to not blush,"Hey."

"Hi",Nikhil chuckles,"Thought you were overthinking,since you hadn't replied."

I glare at Anshu when she makes an 'Aww' face.

"Yeah. I just saw it now. I was about to reply."

Nikhil laughs,"Are you complaining I called?"

Anshu and I exchange glances,"No. She's very happy you called. She looks like a ripe tomato right now."

I glower at her, hissing at her name softly.

My lips curve upwards though,when I hear Nikhil's booming laughter,"Hey Anshu."

I'm zoned out while they speak for a few minutes,"Okay. I'm almost here,Sandy. We'll talk later",Nikhil disconnects the call.

"Bye",I mumble.

"He's already disconnected."

I give Anshu the stink eye,"You're so annoying."

"Are we going to sit and sulk or go somewhere out?"

I narrow my eyes,"Where?"

"You know,places."

"Anshu",I narrow my eyes.

"Jeez. Stop your overactive mind. I'm not suggesting to stalk Nikhil",she rolls her eyes.

"Oh."

"You sound disappointed",she smirks.

"Can you stop with the sarcasm?",I whine,"My brain's not in a state to give intelligent comebacks."

Anshu grins, clapping her hands,"That's the whole point. Roasting you is so much fun without counter attack."

I roll my eyes,"Where are we going?"

"No where",Anshu shrugs a shoulder, switching on the TV.

"What?"

"I just asked to know your state of mind. I'm in no mood to go out now. Let's watch this hotness",she points to Thor.

I laugh, shaking my head,as we settle in bed.

I'm half engrossed in the movie when a ping distracts me.

Finally.

No. I'm not waiting for his text.

"This reminded me of you. Lol."

I grin when I see that Nikhil had sent an image of a CheeseCake,captioning 'I get to eat the entire thing this time', referring to the time we had shared a cheesecake,my share bigger than his.

"Why are you smiling like a creep?"

I roll my eyes, sighing as Anshu peeps into my mobile.

"Aww.How cute. Next thing I know you'll be exchanging baby pics."

"Lol😆Dessert already?"

"It's been an hour."

"Why are you texting? It's impolite?"

"Lol. I'm all yours."

"🙄"

"Haha. She went to the washroom. So I thought I'll update you the happenings."

"How sweet."

"I am, right 😅"

"Why can't you guys flirt like this in live?",Anshu wonders out loud.

"Shut up",I mumble, giving Anshu a sideways glance.

"Good joke",I text back, teasing.

"You are so mean",Anshu says,lying on her side as he reads the text I had sent.

I'm distracted as I wait for the next couple of moments for my mobile to vibrate,my lips forming a pout when I haven't received any even after considerable amount of time.

I snap back to the present when Anshu sighs, rolling her eyes,"He just went to meet her,not marry her."

"I know",I mumble, covering my face with a pillow,"But I still feel weird."

"So cute",she ruffles my hair,Awwing.

As I half watch Thor,I realized humans always understand the value of what they have when they're on the verge of losing it.Now,as I'm engulfed with the fear that I might lose Nikhil for good,I could find myself identifying my feelings for him crystal clear.

Hello my darlings!!!

Hope you're all hail and healthy.
Sorry for such a long break.

Feels amazing to have finally updated!

Do you like the chapter?

The ship is finally reaching the shore.

Vote, Comment and Share.

Until next time,
Ruvya❤️