I would like to do the honours first,then

"Dr. Guptha, there's an emergency. There's a patient with ruptured ectopic pregnancy. You are asked to be the performing surgeon."

I swallow my sigh, looking at my junior blankly,getting ready for the OT robotically,"Send me the patient details."

I stare at the familiar OT,the place bringing back memories fresh in my mind,after a meeting.

There's a life depending on you,Sandy. Snap out of it.

I shake my head putting my thoughts to rest,when I hear my phone ping, indicating a message. I quickly go through the patient details that my junior Seema had sent,getting ready for the OT.

I was so grateful for the distraction the operation provided me, demanding my entire focus and concentration,though my mind quickly went back to a certain someone,not allowing me to smile wholeheartedly when the family thanked me for operating on their daughter,just robotically talking to them and fulfilling my duty as a professional.

Snap out of it,Sandy.

By the time evening came,I was ready to get out of the place. The concerned stares of my friends were putting me off.

Three days. It's been three days since I'm back from home.

And I didn't even meet the asshole directly,just a common friend.

"Hey Sandy. Are you leaving?"

"Yeah Anshu. I'm done for the day."

"Oh",my best friend stared at my face,"You okay?"

"I'm good",I force a nod. I had briefed her about my meeting with Nikhil.

I just need a good cry.

Anshu only stared at me worriedly.

"I need to be alone for sometime. I'll be okay",I smile.

"Are you sure? You can talk to me Sandy."

"I will",I nod,"Just not right now.My emotions are all over the place right now. I'll... I'll be fine dude."

"Okay. I wish I wasn't on duty today..."

"Don't be silly. Go."

My best friend wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a protective hug. I close my eyes,hugging her.

Why do hugs entice tears?

I controlled the water tank though. I didn't want her to worry. I can cry all I want in another twenty minutes.

"Bye."

I screamed into my pillow, throwing myself on the bed as soon as I was in my room, angry tears staining my face.

Why?Why can't I get over him?

It's been a year,for heaven's sake.

I cry into my pillow,letting my heart let out the bottled up emotions.

Maybe it's time to get a boyfriend. Or have sex.

I weep into my pillow,letting my eyes burn,nose run,and most importantly my heart ache.

My eyes close automatically after sometime, exhausted.

We walk alongside each other, our hands itching to touch.

"Sandeepthi!"

I wince,glaring at him,"Sandy",I grit out.

Dhruv rolled his eyes,"I called you four times. You are staring right through me."