17

||If you're sad say 'I'||
"I"

Red Robin quickly pushed the antidote into her neck, causing her to stop moving and just lay there limp. "She's fine now. Let's leave her with the doctors."

"I want to stay with my sister!" Red hood protested. "Shhh! You want everyone to know?!" Red Robin yelled in a whisper. "I just want to stay with her!" "You can't, just see Marinette later okay?"

He sighed reluctantly followed the younger brother outside, knowing that Tim was right. Stealing one last glance at Marinette, he went out the double doors. Microphone we're being shoved in their faces, so they took to the rooftops.

Marinette's POV

Why is my head spinning? I rubbed my eyes, trying to get a better idea of where I was. There were loud siren noises that made my headache worse.

"Miss! You're awake!" "Where am I?" "Your on a stretcher, you woke up a lot easier than expected." "Yeah yeah that's nice." I said, sitting up.

Wait...my parents!

"Did you call my guardians?" I asked in a panic, the woman immediately responded. "We did, but they didn't pick up."

My heart skipped a beat as I sighed in relief. "Thank you." "Yeah umm of course."

"Where are my classmates?" I remembered that they sadly existed. "Those kids when back to the hotel. I'm kind of surprised they left you considering that's it's a class trip."

"I'm not."

Standing up was a bit difficult since it took me a second to catch my balance. "You can't go anywhere yet! After that umm episode?" The lady ran to grab my arm and try to pull me back.

I stood my ground and just jerked my arm away from her hand. "I'm fine. Goodbye and thank you." Walking off, I collapsed nearby a wall within an alley.

Tikki floated out, concerned was etched all over the kwamii's face. "Marinette what are you doing! Go back!" "I can't, there's a heist to plan. I'm going to Annie's place."

"No! Sit back down! We're going to the hotel."

No one would even care if I was at the hotel or not. No one cares at all. I tilted my head back against the muddy brick wall, shutting my eyes tight and resisting the urge to cry.

Taking about 5 minutes to compose myself, I stood up. "Let's go."

The red spotted kwamii flew back into the pouch obediently.

Turning out of the alley, I bumped into someone.

Jason.

"Sorry! I-Pixie?"

My eyes widened.

"Shit!" I cursed earning a stern look from the taller man.

"Hey! Watch your tone. Where did you learn that?" "I'm not a child okay? Plus I bet you say them all the time asshole." "Okay of all by law you are a child, and second, I'm an adult so it's different."

"Well you be different here and I'll be on a different street. Sound good?" I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of the way, harshly.

He grabbed my wrist in an uncomfortable position, twisting it back so it held me in place. "You will not take this attitude with me. I'm your brother." He yelled, and people started looking at us.

Catching on to the looking eyes, Jason pulled us back into the alley.

"You're not my brother, you lost that title years ago."

"I told it was a misunderstanding!"

I scoffed, "Such a convincing excuse. You've never gone through the things I have!"

It was now his turn to scoff, "And what about
me?"

No one's POV

His grasp loosened, letting me out of his hold. She looked him up and down, pure hatred in her eyes. Jason only continued, "I've died Marinette, it wasn't fake okay?" Jason sorta cringed at the memory, making Mari feel a tinge of guilt. She kept her stoic expression, determined to not let it falter.

"I've died on the inside. In some ways it's worse because I have to live with it everyday."
Breaking eye contact with him, the girl looked down.

"I've been abused! Hurt! Abandoned. You're in a rich happy family. With siblings who you actually care about. I don't even know why you still try to talk to me. You've got Tim and Dick!"

"Abused? By who?" Jason asked, clearly worried. The anger slowly started to be directed at someone else. Mari sloped out her phone to look at the time. "Someone who used to be important to me. Like you. Now I need to go." She spat, before dashing out of there.

It felt good to escape the tension. That doesn't make it disappear though.

||Yea! That's it for this chapter!Thanks for reading!||