-ˋ 33

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH HE FORGOT

. . .

Tiger was free from her past, and she finally looked it. Dumbledore had held the couple back, informing them that he had set in place a date for the first meeting - the Saturday after next.

It had been a strange twenty-four hours. She had gone through Leo wanting to talk to her properly about things, to being called up to Dumbledore's office and Leo having told two people who were most likely to do something about it.

Then, for the first time in over a year, she was confronted by the re-appearance of Mr and Mrs Buckley - who had been so horrible to her after Leo's 'death' - when the reality was that they were behind that as well.

And she had come to the decision that she just wasn't going to do anything about it, and just put it all behind her. Dumbledore seemed to be rather impressed at this, but hadn't said anything, instead launching into a rather long monologue about some spindle-like instrument that James had pointed out.

That of course, was following their goodbyes to Fleamont and Euphemia, who were being escorted out by Professor McGonagall, who was leading Mr and Mrs Buckley out as well. Leo had just been sent back to the Ravenclaw dorms for the day - or really wherever he wanted to go.

James and Tiger had stayed behind per Dumbledore's request, and had been about to leave following his announcment of the first set date for their meetings. Then James had asked about the strange silver article, and so they stayed for a little longer.

Dumbledore's explanation of the instrument was interrupted by the door into the office, and Professor McGonagall slipping back through it. "Mr Potter!" She looked rather taken aback to see James still stood there. "What on earth are you still doing here?"

"Ah, Minevra, I must apologise - that is entirely my fault. You see-" Dumbledore began, before seeing the look in the woman's eyes. "Why, is something the matter?" He asked.

"No Albus - not at all." McGonagall's Scottish accent was completely dripping with sarcasm. "It's not as if Mr Potter is supposed to be down at the Quidditch pitch right now leading my house to victory in the first match of the season."

"Oh shi-" James's words were stopped by Tiger's hands. "I'm so sorry Professor - I completely forgot about it, I've just been so busy since last night and I-"

"Shut up Potter." Tiger wheeled around and looked up at him. "It's my fault you're late, and I'm not going to let you stand here and pretend it is. Now - what are you waiting for." James smiled at her, setting off for the door.

"You should hurry up as well, can't win a match without my lucky charm." James clearly didn't care about the two teachers stood beside Tiger, winking at his girlfriend before darting out of the room. 

"Well, Miss Howell, it seems Mr Potter is rather smitten." Dumbledore commented, his voice as breezy and nonchalant as ever. "I suppose you better run off then, I don't think Professor McGonagall could do with Gryffindor losing."

Tiger's cheeks were drowsed in crimson, and she nodded, avoiding their eyes as she followed after him, rushing down to the pitch. 

"Where on earth have you been?" Sirius asked, as Tiger sat down in the stands next to him, face flushed by exertion rather than embarrassment. "They're getting really impatient down there - Remus's been trying to keep their attention with Flitwick's jokes - but there's only so much werewolf-related puns that a commentator can sit through." 

Tiger's eyes flashed up to the commentator's box, seeing Remus sitting back in his bench, looking rather worn out as Flitwick told the next set of werewolf jokes. It had been a few days since the last full moon, but it seemed that Remus was more exhausted by Flitwick than the fact he had turned just a few days previous. 

"Many apologies. I have just been rather busy deciding I don't give a rat's ass about the Buckelys anymore. Sorry Pete." Tiger threw a smile in Peter's direction, who only shrugged. Tiger glanced over at Sirius, who was still glancing rather worriedly up at his boyfriend, the dark-haired girl taking his distraction as a chance to swipe the red and gold scarf off of his neck. "Thank you!" She grinned, and Sirius sighed, deciding to just let her have it.

Rather suddenly, the sound of the magical microphone buffered and cracks and a high-pitched beep had crowds covering their ears. One look up at the commentator's box, and the three in the stands saw that Remus had snatched the microphone off Flitwick with such vigour that the man had been pulled off of his seat.

"..And here we go ladies and gentlemen!" Remus began, after apologising quietly to the Charms professor. "It seems that our long-awaited Gryffindor captain has arrived and is.. fully prepared for the game. As usual, he has state of the art Nimbus 1700 in hand. I won't let you all in on the history of Nimbus Racing Brooms, but let's just say that it seems that Mr Potter will be heading towards a easy victory with their latest release!" 

And with Madam Hooch throwing up the quaffles, the match began.