˗ˋ 27

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH TIGER AND LILY TALK

. . .

They were late for dinner. Neither of the pair had realised just how long they had been in the courtyard, but as they heard the clock above them strike six times, they knew it was too long.

So soaked by the cold autumn rain that they were dripping, Tiger and James abandoned their dance for the thought of warm food and hall lit by floating candles.

Both of them were shivering, clothes sticking to their skin and white shirts, usually hidden by their jumpers (which had become too wet to be comfortable in quickly), plastered to their skin and turned some hue of pink.

Neither had seen the sky getting darker, and the sun almost entirely setting, leaving them in a state of disorentation as they did realise just how late it was.

But they had quickly gathered up their stuff and retreated into the lit-up hallways of the school, walking slowly further into the castle, leaving a trail of rain water behind.

"We look awful." Tiger exclaimed, stopping in front of a door to a classroom, the small window in it casting their reflections back at them.

She had a slight point. Her makeup was smudged and half-gone, hair messy and wet, curled from the rain, blouse sticking to her. James's hair was even messier than usual, and his glasses were slightly misty, his shirt doing the same.

"Well I do, at least." Tiger fixed her statement, looking over at the boy. "Compared to me, you look heavenly. Must be used to it though, right? Because of Quidditch?"

"I suppose it could add to it." James mused, looking in the reflection, pushing back his hair with one hand. "You know, I look rather good with purple hair."

"Say that in front of any of your friends and on your birthday you'll wake up with fully purple hair." Tiger told him, turning to look up at him. "But you do."

"Good point." James looked down at her, before wrapping his arms around he waist and lifting her up, walking down the remainder of the corridor. "And so do you, I don't think you could ever look bad."

"Debatable." Tiger said, as her feet touched the ground, before seeing James's expression. "Come on Prongsie." She said, not letting him saying anything else as she took his hand and tugged him down the corridor.

"It might be too late for dinner." James murmured, as they arrived in the entrance hall, to see students leaving the hall, happily well-eaten and content. "You want to come down to the kitchens with me?"

"I think I'll just go up to bed. Have a shower and get changed. I'll probably eat something from Hogsmeade." Tiger shrugged, looking around. "But thanks for the offer, Prongsie."

Tiger went up on her tiptoes, giving James a quick kiss on the cheek and joining a group of Gryffindors as they ascended the staircase.

Whilst James went down to the kitchens, Tiger had reached her dorm, the happy bubble around her easily staying inflated. Humming a tune to one of the muggle songs which Lily liked to play, she began to peel off her uniform, heading into the bathroom and taking a shower, changing into her pajamas.