-ˋ 81

CHAPTER EIGHTY ONE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH IT'S CONFIRMED

. . .

"So you're fully a tiger now?" Remus looked confused as he sat at the lunch table. He had fully recovered from the full moon, and Tiger, who wanted to wait for him to be better, had finally told him about the transformation.

Nobody thought he would necessarily freak out about it, per se, however it was slightly risky telling someone in Remus's state about something like that. He could've ripped his stitches or something, and when Remus got whiny he was annoying.

"Yes, she's said it like thirty times now." Sirius deadpanned at his boyfriend, and Remus made a face. "What? I've heard you ask this too many times. I might be your boyfriend but I can still get annoyed."

"Hey, Sirius." James said, noticing the flicker of annoyance on Remus's face. "Let's not argue."

"Mother hen James is back again." Lily interrupted the conversation, and they all turned to look at the ginger girl, who hadn't been involved at all up until then. "Yes? Well we have potions now, and I'm pretty sure Slughorn has already gone."

"Hm?" Tiger blinked, before glancing up at the table. In fact, it appeared that majoriy of the teachers had gone for their lessons. "Oh shit." She said, and the group of friends rushed to get up and leave.

Peter stuffed a few sandwiches in his pockets, almost forgetting his own bag before dashing back at getting it, trailing behind the others as they got to the entrance hall.

Marlene and Peter hadn't taken advanced potions; Marls had decided to take Astronomy instead and Peter had chosen Herbology (he had gotten only an acceptable in his potions OWL).

But Lily, James, Remus, Sirius, Lydia and Tiger all rushed their way down the winding stairs to the dungeons, praying that they wouldn't fall over their own feet as they hurried.

Luckily they didn't, and they made it to Potions in one piece, Slughorn rather absentmindely waving them in, murmuring something about them trying not to be late again.

They were working on Polyjuice potion, Slughorn informed them that their practical lesson on it would be the next week, and this would be more focused on taking notes.

The lesson was rather boring to most, but finished quite quickly, the group hurrying to leave the classroom for their next lesson, which was quite far up the castle. However it seemed that Slughorn had different plans for a few of them.

"Mr Potter, Miss Howell - oh and Miss Evans, if you don't mind." Slughorn said, and the three of them hung back.

"We'll try and be quick." Tiger sighed, meeting Sirius's eyes. "I bet you ten galleons that it's about another Slug Club party."

"Or it's about the fact James just stares at you and drools throughout the entire lesson." Sirius dodged the hand that James sent his way, and both Tiger and Lily stared at him. "Ok, so maybe it is a bit weird that he has Lily there as well." Sirius said, but didn't dodge in time as Lily whacked him over the head.

"We'll be waiting outside." Remus said, pulling Sirius away from the door and closing it as the trio made their way back to Slughorn.

Tiger was right, and Slughorn had kept them back to officially invite them to his next Slug Club party - which he said would have a nice summery theme, almost the opposite of the winter one that had occured near Christmas.

It would have been fine if Slughorn had just informed them about the party, given them their invitations and just let them go on to their next lesson. But again, he had other ideas. Instead, Slughorn got rather into a little speech about their practical they would be having the next week.

It seemed like forever, but eventually James stopped him in the middle of him explaining the effects of if the potion went wrong (it included being transformed intto half the other person, half yourself). It had taken a while, but they were finally free.

Remus and Sirius had obviously gotten fed up of waiting, and so the three of them hurried up to their Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. "And where have you three been?" Professor Rakepick asked, the three of them bursting into the classroom.

"Professor Slughorn kept us back." Lily said, rather diplomatically. James and Tiger just rolled their eyes - and Rakepick decided to ignore it - as they held up the invitations to the party, the teacher nodding, understanding.

Tiger and James stood besides Sirius and Remus, surprised to find that there wasn't any desks and chairs anywhere in the room - which meant that they were doing another practical lesson.

"Now for those who have just joined us, as I have already explained to the rest of the class, we will be studying the patronus charm today." Professor Rakepick said, and both Lily and James looked excited, Tiger, not so much.

She had already casted it before, sure, but that was when Leo was around and well, alive. Her happiest memory had been with him. And he was gone.

She couldn't only hope there was one at Hogwarts which could replace it.

a/n
well happy halloween
i have cried multiple times today because
of the marauders and i wrote this
whilst crying because well they're gonna
end the same way
oh but i am going to do multiple endings
when it comes to it