-ˋ 03

CHAPTER THREE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH IT'S BACK TO NORMALITY

. . .

David Howell hadn't showed, and Tiger had gone to bed that night disappointed. The mood she had found herself in following the garden party - what could have been the happiest day of the summer - lasted for a few days after that.

James had done his best to cheer her up, as had Euphemia, Fleamont, Sirius and even Lily when she visited. But she just couldn't get over that initial disappointment - which stung even more than she had expected it to.

She just wanted to see him, to see Tilly. He was supposed to be sorting everything but yet she had barely heard from him, only recieved two letters and none of them were during the holidays. At this point, she just rather wouldn't see him at all, her feelings towards him resembling the ones she felt towards her mother, who was a evil bitch of a woman. 

Tiger spent a couple of days feeling sorry for herself, sitting up in her room and laying in the golden rays of sunlight. Treacle would sometimes join her, as would James, but both found the attic rather stuffy at times and would escape into the warm summer day outdoors.

She had forced herself to stop feeling so disappointed and upset about it when a few days afterwards, when she had finally left her room to get something to eat, Euphemia had informed her that they were planning a trip to Diagon Alley the next day.

Their Hogwarts letters had arrived, and to absolutely nobodies' surprise, Remus was Head Boy and Lily was Head Girl. Their letters had detailed it when they arrived a day later, and absolutely everyone expected it, to say the least. Nobody was more deserving of the role than those two. 

But with the list of what they needed for their final year at Hogwarts arrived, it made sense for them to go soon. Euphemia knew to give it a couple of days, seeing as majority of people went the day straight after, and it was overcrowded on a normal day, let alone when the majority of the student body of Hogwarts was shopping. 

And so, not wanting to rain of the whole day with yet another bad day for Tiger, she had decided to try and wake up the following morning and be a bit more happy than before. 

She did some self care the night before - and by self care she did a single face mask and fell asleep ten minutes earlier - and then in the morning she got up earlier and had a shower, picking out a white pleated skirt and a pale green jumper, a collar peaking out of the top. 

She had no other choice to wear her beat up converse; no other shoes went or were appropriate for the day. Her hair would dry naturally, and be held back by her usual butterfly clips - which she had only just found in the bottom of her suitcase.

"You're looking a lot perkier this morning." Euphemia commented, only drawing more eyes to the girl as she bounded into the kitchen. 

"Yeah, well I shouldn't feel bad about something which isn't my fault." Tiger shrugged, holding up a necklace and turning to James, who had been watching her, slightly suspicious. "Do you mind?" She asked, and instantly the boy shook his head, standing up from his seat at the table and doing the clasp of her necklace for her. 

His heart jumped in his chest when he glanced down at her ankle and spotted rather familiar circles of coloured thread around it - yet another thing which brought him back a year, when he was simply replaying this image he had of Tiger. He had never expected her to be sat right beside him twelve months later, but there they were.

And with Tiger being a lot happier than she had been for a few days, the atmosphere at breakfast was a lot more pleasant. Considering Tiger had skipped it for those days and Euphemia had set a place for her everytime, hopeful for her to finally come down only to put them away without being used - anything would have been more pleasant.

And with that new happiness in the group of mixed teens and the two parents, they could set off to Diagon Alley - via Floo powder and the large fireplace in their living room, of course. 

They would buy all of their stuff for the next year of Hogwarts, their final year of Hogwarts. And what came with that visit to Diagon Alley came a feeling of sentimentality. 

There would be a lot of that in the upcoming year, partnered with the feeling of fear, as the war they had tried so hard to ignore became far more prominent in their life.

Because what was a year at Hogwarts without danger?