-ˋ 39

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE MORNING RISES

. . .

The Potters were a warm family. They seemed to simply radiate with kindess, and were some of the nicest people Tiger would ever have the pleasure to meet. Not only were her and Sirius staying there living proof of that, but their whole house was.

Tiger hadn't entered the house during the time of the garden party, but it seemed to be almost exactly what she expected. It was neat, but there was clutter everywhere. Whether it was Quidditch match tickets, or a random quill. There were little things everywhere, and it made it feel so homely.

The Potter house was like a warm cup of tea. It made you feel like you were at home. And Tiger almost felt like that, she was so very close to feeling like that.

But Tiger was someone who constantly worry and seemed to feel bad about things she shouldn't. And now, she felt awful for appearing on the doorstep of the Potter house during the late night uninvited.

However, she was welcome there. And that now, seemed to be the only place where she was. Euphemia had told her to worry so many times, and her sudden appearance was completely fine. Multiple times.

But Tiger worried about everything, and sometimes so much so she lost sleep over it. And once she woke up in the early morning of the day after she arrived at the Potter house, she decided to stay awake. It was either that, or the nightmares which seemed to be returning after she hadn't had them since around November time.

James's room was just as homely as the rest of the house. It was quite large, but every inch of the wall space was covered in posters and Quidditch banners. It was red themed, and supposedly had been since James got into Gryffindor.

It was surprisingly clean, although Tiger had a inkling that when James had disappeared for ten minutes earlier that night, leaving Sirius and Tiger eating, it was because Euphemia had told him to clean it.

She sat up in the bed, James having she insisted she took it. But Tiger felt awful about that as well, and would make sure that he slept in his own bed.

Sirius had even offered to let James sleep on the bed in the guest room that was unofficially his and he would sleep on sofa. But James denied that as well, and as a result, he was sleeping on a old mattress on his floor, beside his bed.

Tiger glanced down at him, and somehow, even whilst asleep, James looked like he was about to cause some form of trouble. He looked like what you would see if you walked past him in the corridor, or sat near him during the lunch hall and he was planning a prank.

He had even forgotten to take his glasses off, and at some point in the night they had fallen off, and were resting dangerously close to his head. There seemed to be broken pairs of glasses around the house as well, and so Tiger suspected that it was rather a common thing that occured in the Potter house.

With the room illuminated by the set of magic candles that Euphemia had bustled in with just as they had been about to fall asleep, and positioned them across the room, Tiger slipped out of the heavy covers, and made her way over.

The glasses glinted in the candlelight, and Tiger quickly pulled them out of the way of James's head, placing them on the bedside table. Then, needing to use the bathroom, Tiger carefuly slipped out of James's room, and walked down the hallway to the bathroom.