-ˋ 55

CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH TIME PASSES

. . .

They were fine after the night of the full moon. Of course they were. 

Admittedly, there was the little panic that came with the idea that the werewolf was quite literally about to catch them in their human forms - and the fact that Tiger very much had been seen before quickly turning into her Animagus form. 

There was the little worry that the werewolf would target her after seeing her as a human, however after a little confusion it was just like every other night like that.

It ended somewhere in the Forbidden Forest, as near to the Shrieking Shack as the four Animagi could manage to herd the Werewolf. Sirius and James carried him back with Peter's help and the four got him through the passageway underneath the Whomping Willow.

Madam Pomfrey was on her way, and usual the nurse said nothing when she saw the group and just continued to help the lot of them back to the Hospital Wing. Remus was feeling remarkably better within a couple of days, and they decided not to mention the mishap with Tiger not transforming on time. Werewolves did attack humans, but they didn't attack animals, and as long as his cousin wasn't hurt, Remus didn't need to know.

He was back in action by the next session that Dumbledore had scheduled, in which they heard some rather worrying news; he didn't know if itwas possible to wait for their graduation to start sending them on missions. That seemed to be the only thing stopping him; they were all of age and all wanted to go out and help with whatever the hell Voldemort was doing. 

They had a general idea of his plan; get as many recruits on his side as possible. And it wouldn't be hard, considering his pureblood elitism rule. But he was trying to do something else, and Dumbledore, nor anyone else in the Order, could figure out what.

The spring term came to an end almost abruptly, and each of the training members were sent away back to their families with only a couple things in mind; keep an eye on the news, keep quiet about their involvement from their family members (none of them wanted them to be used later on by the opposing side) and have fun. 

Dumbledore put it nicely, in the light-hearted tone they all recognised from the many speeches at the ends of feast. But they knew what was hidden there; the underlying tone that insinuated that it was the last time they might be able to.

Because after the two weeks that made up the Easter Holidays they would just have the summer term to go until the real trouble began. After graduating, they would be a part of the Order and Dumbledore would feel no guilt to sending them out on missions and they could finally do their part to help the right side in the war. 

But the entire holidays were odd. Nobody felt like having fun. It wasn't at all like the Christmas holidays, which had been happy and decorative and how it should have been. This time there was a grey cloud hanging over them and pushing them towards being more stressed about the upcoming term.

All the same, they attempted to be normal. Remus had returned to the Lupin home up in Yorkshire to be with his parents and Peter was once again back with his family. This time they were visiting one of his mother's friends in Northern Ireland, leaving James with his girlfriend and best friend. 

They spent the time mostly in Godric's Hollow, wanting to get a start on the couple's new home. Sirius was a little hesitant about it first, but soon got into the swing of things, James been left to the side as he and Tiger began brainstorming ideas of what they wanted the interior design to be like. 

The three had drawn up plans and even checked a few nearby shops for furniture as well as moving a few things into the house. It was supposed to be fun - and a lot of it was - but that strange feeling hung over them and led it to be more of a worry than anything.

Despite that, the holidays passed quickly and they returned for the rather sentimental last few weeks of their years at Hogwarts. They barely had two months left, and that idea was both absolutely terrifying and a relief. 

It had barely even crossed anyone's mind that they had NEWTs, and whilst Sirius, James and Tiger didn't exactly have to worry, everyone else did. And more and more hours were spent in that small hidden room. They weren't just practising defensive and duelling spells anymore, but revising their bloody arses off so when it came to them actually graduating they had good enough grades to get them jobs if the war ever ended. 

But that seemed hardly necessary really. They couldn't worry about jobs when their lives were on the line.

Right? 

a/n
apologies for the
big time skip, i dont
want to leave this book
unfinished even if i do
find it harder to write
these days