-ˋ 55

CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH HE FINALLY ASKS HER

. . .

Tiger felt her back hit the walls of the cupboard, and winced at the sound of something falling off of a shelf. "Making out in a storage cupboard? I have to say this is rather more my style than yours."

"I suppose it is. Though I have hidden in them on multiple occasions," James replied, chest rising and falling rather quickly, his voice low. "What's a little kissing added to it." 

"Hm." Tiger smiled, before closing the small distance between her and James. "Are you sure you really want to be with me." She pulled away, and looked up at James in the half light. 

"Why wouldn't I?" James replied, and it was his turn to close the gap, He felt her smile as he kissed her, a feeling which sent sensations of joy all around his body, a feeling of happiness that he had never felt before. 

"Well.. because of everything." Tiger told him. "After.. everything.. that.. happened." She said between kisses, before placing her hands on James's shoulders and pushing him slightly back. "I'm serious, James." She said. 

"Alright. Then lets talk. Maybe somewhere a little less... damp and dark?" James suggested, and Tiger nodded, taking James's hand as they slipped out of the cupboard, walking down the corridor, arms swinging between them. 

"James.. I know I told you about everything. And you seemed fine with it." Tiger started. "I just wanted to make sure, because it's, well, a lot." She said. 

"I know it is." James replied. "But after today in the potions lesson. I can't ignore it. I don't think you can either?" 

"I know. But say it didn't happen, and that everything happened in a different way, and not because we both smelt treacle tarts in our Amortentia." Tiger continued. 

"So I asked you out." James interrupted, and Tiger nodded, fiddling with the end of her sleeves. 

"Yes.. and after everything I told you about. That I caused the death of Leo." Tiger swallowed, and wiped the corner of her mouth, worried that there was some lipstick stained there. 

"Not intentionally." James said. "And Tigs, I don't want you to think that I'm just doing this because of the Amortentia. I like you, and I have for a long time."

"I figured so." Tiger smiled, pulling James down a corridor, and then down onto one of the benches that sat between arches. Beside it, a window, that looked over the lake surrounding the castle, and Tiger remembered James flying so close to it that she could almost touch the water. 

"Oh.. I think you should know something." James said, and Tiger frowned looking up at him. "The night of Slughorn's Christmas party. You got drunk and there was mistletoe in the hallway and.."

"I got way too excited and kissed you." Tiger finished, sighing. "I'm sorry. That must have been a lot for you." She said, and James shrugged.

"I didn't want to make you feel awkward. I had no idea how you felt about me - or even if you thought of me as anything but a friend." He said. 

"And whilst we're talking confessions." Tiger sighed. "I heard you and Sirius.. well all the boys, talking about asking me out." 

"You did, did you?" James said, not looking the least bit surprised. "It makes it a bit easier for me ask you to go, if you want to?"

"Of course I do. But no Madam Puttifoot's tea shop. I'm thinking more butterbeer and honeydukes and maybe not returning through a dark tunnel?" Tiger looked hopeful, and James laughed. 

"Of course, we can meet in the courtyard at 10?" James offered, and Tiger nodded, moving slightly closer to him, their hands sitting on the bench besides them. 

It seemed like it was meant to be, however cliche it sounded. Tiger felt incredible, after finding out that James liked her. Everything had seem to happen so quick, meeting at a garden party, becoming so close friends, and now this. 

"I suppose we have Slughorn to thank. His parties and now Amortentia." Tiger smiled, and James took her other hand, before standing up and pulling her up with him. 

"I suppose we do." James said, leaning down and kissing Tiger once again, the girl returning the kiss with just as much enthusiasm. "Ok, now it's my turn. I know that Moony told you stuff about who I used to be. And I used to be a prick."

Tiger laughed, and James smiled slightly. "I was. I bullied Sniv- sorry Severus. I was just generally an arse." He continued. "I might be this incredibly handsome, amazingly smart man today, but I didn't use to be." James reached up and messed with his hair.

"Prongsie." Tiger smiled, reaching over and pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Trust me, Remus has told me enough about you in the past to tell me just how much of an arse you used to be."

"And?" James asked, looking nervous as he watched as Tiger sighed, looking down at their hands.

"And what matters now is that you have changed, abd you're not the person you used to be." Tiger shrugged, moving slightly so her back was against the wall. "Come here." She smiled, holding out her arms.

James smiled, one which had heavy hints of relief in it as he moved to hug Tiger, his head resting her chest, the beating of her heart just about audible.

"You know when Olivia comes out with everything it might not be so easy for you and Lily and everyone." Tiger murmured, her hand in James's hair, his eyes almost closing. 

"You still think she will?" James asked, glancing up at her. "But you can just tell everyone what truly happened. The teachers all know that you're innocent.

"Well.. McGonagall and Dumbledore." Tiger said, gently ruffling James's hair. "And god knows what she's been telling them whilst I'm sleeping in your dorm. Which I suppose won't be the greatest idea anymore." 

"Why not? Remus is fine with it if that's what you're worried about. He always has been." James told her, and Tiger shrugged. "Or is it different know that we know we like each other?"

"I suppose.. But they were still there? We're sharing a single bed, Prongsie. I think it's time I need to go back to my dorm." Tiger said. "Now let's go, I think we've missed enough of dinner for a considerable amount of rumours to have surfaced about where we are."

"You're right." James said, sitting up. "I'll help you collect your stuff and move it as close as I can get to your room." Tiger smiled, remembering the various times the boys had climbed up the stairs to girl dorms, and slid down for fun in the winter. 

"Thank you." Tiger smiled, standing up, James joining her. And hand in hand, the pair walked back to the dorm, ready to face anything together. 

Even if that was the truth.