-ˋ 40

CHAPTER FORTY

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY VISIT LONDON

. . .

The next day, Tiger and James woke up bright and early. Sirius was a lot harder to force to wake up, but eventually, the trio were ready and eating the breakfast that Euphemia had prepared for them.

Tiger, after having talked to James the previous morning, had written a quick letter to Remus explaining what they had planned on happening, and sent it off with the Potter's owl. Which, she found out, was named Henry, after James's grandfather.

Remus wrote back pretty quickly, and so, their plans were set. The next day the group would meet up in London, Remus to save Sirius from thirdwheeling with James and Tiger.

"Thank Merlin Moony is coming." Sirius commented, and James and Tiger stared at him. "What?? You guys suggested it. As if I could just hang out with you two. There would be so much flirting and tension that I.. well I don't know how it would be. But I would go crazy."

"Is that so." Euphemia said, leaning between her son and Sirius to take the empty plate which once had held slices of toast. "Does anyone want any more? No? Don't let your father hear about that, I don't want Tiger getting harrassed."

Euphemia bustled over to the sink, empty plates piled high in one hand. "Don't worry." The voice of Fleamont Potter could be heard as he made his way into the kitchen, that day's edition of the Daily Prophet in hand. "I already know, but not to worry, I won't be harrassing our guess."

Tiger couldn't help but blush, and neither could the boy next to her, who was staring at his cereal extremely pointedly as he ate the remains. "Just a cup of coffee, I'll get something from the shop down near the train station." Fleamont waved away Euphemia's offer of toast, and the older man began to read his newspaper.

Fleamont was going to drop Tiger, Sirius and James off at the muggle train station in the town just a mile or so from the village. And to say Tiger wasn't sure how she, with two boys so immersed in wizarding culture, would do.

"There's a envelope of muggle money on the side by the door. There's the key to our vault as well, if you want to go to Diagon Alley for anything." Euphemia said. "Do you need any snacks?"

"We're fine mum." James said, looking at Tiger, who nodded. "Pads?" Sirius agreed, and then, with each of the teens finished, Fleamont finished his coffee and the group piled into the old car that the family had owned for years at this point.

In comparison to newer muggle cars, this one was old, and due to there not really being any heating, each of the passengers had a blanket. Fleamont and Sirius in the front, Sirius happily covered in a dark red blanket, and Tiger and James in the backseat, knees brushing against each other underneath a light blue blanket.

"Be good, and make sure that nothing happens that's too suspicious. Sirius, don't use magic around the muggles, ok? And if any of you get into some trouble and need to use magic around muggles, even though majority will be underage, I can sort it out with the ministry." Fleamont told them, after they had gotten out of the car, and were stood in the slush-like snow by the entrance to the train station. "Obliviate is the most important spell, now have fun."

And with that speech, Fleamont drove away, leaving Sirius and James with Tiger, who was more than prepared to help them.