-ˋ 77

CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY'RE BACK

. . .

"Bloody hell, you were out cold." A voice awoke Tiger from her slumber, only for the girl to find the world outside a lot darker; meaning she had slept the majority of the journey there.

"That's what you get for keeping me up all night." Tiger grumbled, meeting James's eyes as he pulled her up. "Not in that way, perv." She pushed his shoulder and stretched, rubbing her eyes.

"How did you know!" James exclaimed, smirking and winking at the girl. "But yes, it is partially my fault. But just as much mine as it is yours."

"I'll take it." Tiger shrugged. "Do you think it was the right idea to leave Treacle behind at your house?" She frowned, remember the term before when she had to keep the cat in a cage.

"You said it yourself, you had never seen her so happy then when she's in the garden with Mum. Besides, I think she likes the chair next to the fire far too much to come to old Hogwarts." James reassured his girlfriend.

"You're right. Plus I think that she had far more fun chasing the mice there than at Hogwarts - you know, considering it's a old castle, I have never seen a rodent of any sort." Tiger looked confused.

"Mrs Norris. And I think a couple other students have cats - I think it's mostly the Hufflepuffs and Slytherins, not many are fans of the towers." James considered, before nodding. "I'll ask someone for you.. hey-" He began, before Tiger clapped a hand over his mouth.

James's eyes widened, before he smirked and before Tiger knew what was happening, he had licked her hand. "Ew!" She yelled, pulling her hand back and wiping it on the sleeve of James's robe. "Move on." She blushed, waving the people who had looked over at her yell.

"Look who's awake." Sirius sounded like he was half-cheering, half surprised. He ignored Tiger rolling her eyes as she climbed up into the dark carriage. "Do you know how much James was complaining- oi!"

It was Sirius's turn to yell, as James punched him in the side. "I was only telling her about your dead leg." He grumbled.

"I didn't mind it." James insisted, and Tiger smiled shaking her head. "But it does hurt a little bit." He complained, and Tiger laughed.

"You should have just moved me." She settled in the corner of the carriage, peering out of the window, eyes fixated on the thestrals at the front.

"Have you seen anyone else die?" Remus suddenly said, and Tiger's gaze flickered over to her cousin. "You don't have to answer but-"

"It's fine. Other than Leo, only one. I was there when a friend of my Dad's in America passed away." She said. "I'd never seen thestrals before, but even if the incident didn't happen, I would have been able to see them." Tiger confirmed.

The carriage fell silent for a few moments, the lack of talking broken by James, who asked Tiger if she had told the girls about them dating.

"Sirius did, actually. Although they were a bit slow on picking it up." Tiger said, and the group of friends laughed, arriving at the castle in no time, it having not even gotten dark yet, showing just how much the year had progressed since the first day Tiger had come to the school.

Nothing special happened at the feast, the only thing of interest was that Olivia and Miss Williams were no longer there - expected of course, Tiger had been told that Dumbledore had gotten rid of them almost instantly.

The group of boys and Tiger were joined by the three other girls, and they all made their way up to the common room, all of them somehow managing to get the couch right in front of the fire.

"I hope this term is a bit more peaceful." Tiger said, as she sat down on James's lap, one arm around her neck, her hand resting just by the nape of his neck, fiddling with the hair that curled there.

"Just one term - and the summer term is always the best one. We might still have end of year tests but the days by the lake in the sun are the best." Lily chimed in.

"Please tell me we can have picnics." Tiger said, smiling when she saw their nods of confirmation. "Oh that's good - I love picnics."

The group stayed where they were, but split up into smaller groups for conversations. Still somewhat tired, Tiger rested her head on James's shoulder.

But suddenly, she sat up, and surprised, James followed her figure, moving her slightly on his lap, so he didn't get too excited and uncomfortable. "What?" He asked softly.

"You know, in the summer I tend to wear more dresses." Tiger mumbled, looking down at her boyfriend.

"Woah woah woah." Remus exclaimed, and the couple looked over at him. "No making out where I can see." He said.

The group laughed, Tiger slipping down into the position she was before, a bright blush on her face.

Hopefully, they would be right and this term would be simple, easy and relaxing. They could do with a break, if they were honest.